Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

ready to do some shooting

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

ready to do some shooting

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:09 pm

My wife and I just got some new ammo to try out in our rifles. One case we got is the RWS Target and is the same as Norma Tac 22 and Geco bolt rifle ammo. I shot a few rounds through my CZ FS and it was OK with the wind stirring things up pretty good. Tried to time shots with the low wind times but it was pretty steady to say the least. Ammo feeds well and on a good weather day it will get tried in a variety of rifles. Got a good buy on it for being German made ammo. Total cost including shipping was $2.90/box by buying a case of 5,000. Also got a case of RWS sub sonic hpt for squirrel hunting and yard pests. May trade a few bricks of the sub sonic off for something else as I won't need 5000 rounds of it. Same price as the Target ammo. Also bought a brick of SK standard plus ammo to try in my better shooters.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: ready to do some shooting

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Great buy, bandit. Don't be in a hurry to dump any of that subsonic ammo. We picked up some Eley subsonic and it shoots great in our bolt guns out at 50 yards (check out my latest range report on the T bolt). Have had similar results with the RWS subsonic in the past. Haven't fund it to be significantly quieter than standard SV ammo, though. For backyard quiet ammo, I still use the CCI Quiet or even CB Shorts for real close up work.
1 x