Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Leverevollution ammo

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
one3
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Leverevollution ammo

Post by one3 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:59 pm

Does any one use leverevollution either in 44Mag. or 45-70 in there henry? if you do how does it work (feed) and shoot?
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Leverevollution ammo

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 pm

I have but it didn't work out for us .... if you are using factor loads and if your rifle likes it (some have reported issues chambering it ) its OK .... due to the construction of their 45-70 bullets, their cases are shorter than standard .... consequently they should only be reloaded with the same Hornady bullets .... for us, that's a no-go
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:44 am

one3 wrote:Does any one use leverevollution either in 44Mag. or 45-70 in there henry? if you do how does it work (feed) and shoot?
I have a new .41 mag that LeverRevolution shoots and feeds/extracts well in, if that's any help. Bagged a doe a few days ago with it at about 80yds. As always, the only way to know for sure is to buy a box and try it out in your gun. :)
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:21 am

Did a comparison of about 7 different brands in my 30-30 and LeveRevolution came in dead last, accuracy-wise and was very problematic in the mag tube. The pointy tips seemed to slip off of the case next to it, resulting in an obstruction that prevented the full insertion of the mag tube plunger.

But, as noted, you may have a totally different experience. The only way to tell is to spend the 20 bucks and try it.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 am

Try use the forum search function. Search for "leverevolution" (spelled correctly). Too many finds to list here. Anyway read some of them. Some people like them, some don't. I don't use them for cost reasons.
one3 wrote:Does any one use leverevollution either in 44Mag. or 45-70 in there henry? if you do how does it work (feed) and shoot?
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:30 am

I have only shot them in my Marlin 444SS, they cycled fine and shot fine.
Don't actually remember how well they grouped as that was quite a while ago.

But, was not crazy about the amount of damaged meat that the round caused.
So I never used them again, still have about a half a box of 'em.
Won't hunt with them again, and will only shoot the remaining ammo just for the brass.

A buddy of mine and I bought 10 boxes of the 35 Rem some years back and split them between us.
Only bought those for the brass also. Still have my 5 boxes in the safe as of now I have plenty of brass for the 35's at the moment.

That is all the experience I have with them.
I know of others that had better luck.
Most of my shooting these days consist of cast, and very little jacketed stuff.
YMMV

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:46 am

My experience with the LE stuff was only in Marlin 30-30s. Accuracy in some was phenomenal, but accuracy in others was just as phenomenally bad. Definitely a try it and see in your gun kind of ammo.
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:44 pm

I as well shot it in my 45-70 AW Henry. It was very accurate in my gun. I however have not taken any game with it and have read many different opinions about the round in general.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:48 pm

North Country Gal wrote:My experience with the LE stuff was only in Marlin 30-30s. Accuracy in some was phenomenal, but accuracy in others was just as phenomenally bad. Definitely a try it and see in your gun kind of ammo.
My old marlin 30/30 is one of those that shoots it phenomenally, genuine moa groups all the way out to 300 and the same with reloads using the FTX projectiles.
I did play with them in 357, accuracy was on par with 158gr but had to make a custom seating stem to prevent damage to the projectile during seating. They eat into case capacity to get a OAL that will work. In the end I couldnt see a use for a lighter than standard bullet at lower velocity with a lower BC that didnt shoot any more accurately.

My opinion is is rifle cals they can offer some real advantages, in pistol cals they are more of a gimmick.
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:29 pm

I've shot a few LE FTX rounds from my Henry 30-30, it seems accurate, and fed and chambered really well. I didn't finish sighting in, however. I was shooting at a black and white "scope target" at 100 yards, with the white blade/ghost ring sights version, and I simply couldn't see the target well enough to continue. It definitely shot higher than some Rem. 170 grain loads I'd started with. Unfortunately, the range was too busy that day (too close to deer season ;) ) to move to a closer target.

I have shot the 45-70 250 grain LE Monoflex through my single shot, though. I know that helps no one on the feeding/function question, but I'm getting groups of about 1 1/2 inch at 100 yards. The single shot with a Leupold 2.5X Untralight scope weighs 7 lbs 12 oz., and recoil with that round is not bad at all, seems to be less than 300 grain conventional loads (which group slightly lower). I haven't tried the LE 325 grain FTX rounds, yet. The 250 grain round worked just fine on an antlerless deer last week, though.
0 x