Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Leverevollution ammo

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: Leverevollution ammo

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 am

JEBar wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:00 am
I wasn't aware that they offered LEVERevolution in 41 Mag
Yep. 190gr. I've shot some of it. It's ok accuracy wise, but a good bit weaker than the Underwood 210gr XTP, although it was good enough for last years whitetail. I used the 210gr Underwood this season. Here's the Chrono results and calcs from both out of my BBSC. Notice that the BC for the XTP bullet is also slightly better than the LeveRevolution, which was somewhat surprising.

Here's the Chrono results. Note the Underwood is much more consistent than the LeveRevolution, which means tighter groups:

Underwood

Hornady

0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:23 pm

info appreciated .... I wasn't aware that it was available in so many calibers .... their FTX bullets are on the market but I still haven't seen any LEVERevolution brass for sale
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:52 pm

JEBar wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:23 pm
info appreciated .... I wasn't aware that it was available in so many calibers .... their FTX bullets are on the market but I still haven't seen any LEVERevolution brass for sale
You're welcome, consider that your stocking stuffer from me. :lol:

I suppose you could trim down Starline or other new brass for LeveRevolution bullets if it is really an issue. I don't know if it really is for .357 or others since I don't reload. All I did for the .41 is measure factory ammo from other manufacturers to compare.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:30 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:52 pm
All I did for the .41 is measure factory ammo from other manufacturers to compare.
the overall length of all ammo sold for a given caliber should be the same .... what's different with LEVERevolution is the bullet itself is longer than standard so to keep the overall length in spec, the case has to be shorter .... so long as a person reloads the LEVERevolution case with one of their bullets, all's good .... when the bullets and cases are switched, that's where the concern begins
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:41 pm

JEBar wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:30 pm
GunnyGene wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:52 pm
All I did for the .41 is measure factory ammo from other manufacturers to compare.
the overall length of all ammo sold for a given caliber should be the same .... what's different with LEVERevolution is the bullet itself is longer than standard so to keep the overall length in spec, the case has to be shorter .... so long as a person reloads the LEVERevolution case with one of their bullets, all's good .... when the bullets and cases are switched, that's where the concern begins
I know; the cases are what I measured as well as OAL. Sorry if it sounded like I was only looking at OAL. But that's also the same. Underwood uses new Starline brass for this caliber, and others and loads Hornady XTP in them. So I don't know what else to say about case length differences that you reported, at least for the .41. Can't speak to other calibers.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:44 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:41 pm
I know; the cases are what I measured. Sorry if it sounded like I was only looking at OAL. Underwood uses new Starline brass for this caliber, and others and loads Hornady XTP in them.
10-4 .... we don't load 41 caliber so that's good to know .... I wonder how many other calibers are the same and how many are different ....
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:35 pm

JEBar wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:44 pm
GunnyGene wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:41 pm
I know; the cases are what I measured. Sorry if it sounded like I was only looking at OAL. Underwood uses new Starline brass for this caliber, and others and loads Hornady XTP in them.
10-4 .... we don't load 41 caliber so that's good to know .... I wonder how many other calibers are the same and how many are different ....
Don't know, but it's probably something that reloaders should check.
0 x