Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CCI Shot shells

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: CCI Shot shells

Post by Mags » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Did not know that. Thanks for sharing. Any specific product you use to clean out the plastic?
North Country Gal wrote:...One issue I have noticed when shooting 410 shells in my Contender 45 Colt/410 barrel with rifling is buildup of plastic residue from the plastic shot wads now used in shot shells. That plastic residue will gum up the rifling and can be a real pain to clean out. Just be sure to clean that bore, thoroughly, before going back to regular loads.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:23 am

Why would anyone use ammo loaded with steel pellets in their handgun or rifle? I don't think that they would be going migratory waterfowl hunting with a rimfire firearm or a handgun.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:21 am

Mags wrote:.
Did not know that. Thanks for sharing. Any specific product you use to clean out the plastic?
North Country Gal wrote:...One issue I have noticed when shooting 410 shells in my Contender 45 Colt/410 barrel with rifling is buildup of plastic residue from the plastic shot wads now used in shot shells. That plastic residue will gum up the rifling and can be a real pain to clean out. Just be sure to clean that bore, thoroughly, before going back to regular loads.
Been a long time since I've done any shotgunning, but I'm sure there are such products. Maybe one of our shotgun shooters can chime in. All I did was use a brass brush and some elbow grease.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:11 pm

California now requires lead free ammo is one reason.
Travlin wrote:Why would anyone use ammo loaded with steel pellets in their handgun or rifle? I don't think that they would be going migratory waterfowl hunting with a rimfire firearm or a handgun.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

mattbobusa
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by mattbobusa » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Haven't used the shot shells in a lot of years but they are much different out of a rifle as compared to a pistol. the longer rifle barrel holds the pattern tighter for longer distance. use to take my share of squirrel with them.nothing quite like a pot of squirrel stew.
0 x