Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

One .22 ammo for all my guns

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Abnermal
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: One .22 ammo for all my guns

Post by Abnermal » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Abnermal wrote:
Mags wrote:.
How well do the subsonic shoot? Accuracy, range and noise for starters. I've been thinking off and on about trying subsonic but never got around to actually buying any. Had plenty of opportunity, but seems when I am at the LGS I have other things on my mind.
Abnermal wrote:As far as hunting ammo goes Eley Subsonic hollow points are all I use. Just picked up a brick of Aguila Subsonic hollow points to try. Can't have too many good ones to choose from.
Out of my stock CZ452 at 25 yards with a 3-9 scope five shots are a ragged hole slightly larger than the bullet diameter. At 50 yards dime sized for 5 shots.
0 x
I can remember saying I'd never own a GLOCK,never own an AR15 and never get married. I found out that never is a long,long time!

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Ah very good. How about noise? Are they noticeably quieter being subsonic?
Abnermal wrote:
Abnermal wrote:
Mags wrote:.
How well do the subsonic shoot? Accuracy, range and noise for starters. I've been thinking off and on about trying subsonic but never got around to actually buying any. Had plenty of opportunity, but seems when I am at the LGS I have other things on my mind.
Out of my stock CZ452 at 25 yards with a 3-9 scope five shots are a ragged hole slightly larger than the bullet diameter. At 50 yards dime sized for 5 shots.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Abnermal
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Abnermal » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:05 am

Noticeably quieter. Some subs are quieter than others-I like Eley. With all the subsonics you don't have that high pitched "crack" that you get with the high speed stuff. Often when I miss a squirrel with the first shot he'll pause for a minute then go right back to feeding. That is unless it's a really close miss. Then they get excited. With subs the woods seems to forget about the sound of a shot quickly. Unlike when you fire a shotgun and it takes a half hour for things to settle down! Actually leaving for the woods with the CZ in a couple minutes.
1 x
I can remember saying I'd never own a GLOCK,never own an AR15 and never get married. I found out that never is a long,long time!

Firearmfanatic
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Firearmfanatic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:09 pm

I would stick with the CCI. All the 22's that i have. 6 shooters, semi-auto, lever action. They don't ever have a complaint with the CCI ammo I've used.
0 x