Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cabela's Shipping

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Cabela's Shipping

Post by Mags » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:29 pm

HenryFan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:15 pm
Mags -

I think the hand off from UPS to the USPS is called UPS Mail Innovations. ...
Yes, that is so. Fedex calls it something else. So, in referring to both Fedex and UPS, I just called it USPS hand off.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:43 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:01 pm
On certain items, Amazon uses the hand-off system. Most of our smaller items or those that are sold and shipped by Amazon arrive the following day because of "Prime" membership. Some items even come overnight and are here when I get up in the morning, even if it's still dark outside. Must be, in part due to the fact that we have an Amazon fulfillment center only about eight miles from us. Too bad they don't sell ammo. 🙂
Here, Prime or non-Prime, Amazon and UPS deliver Amazon stocked warehouse items. Some of the Amazon 3rd party sellers (not stocked in a Amazon warehouse) use the Fedex/UPS USPS hand-off or other carriers like VAN, Ontrac, DHL, etc. I try not to buy from Amazon 3rd party sellers unless their products are stocked and ship directly from an Amazon warehouse. Have had problems with returns back to 3rd party sellers and sometimes have to report them to Amazon for their behavior.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:52 pm

HenryFan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:15 pm
Mags -

I think the hand off from UPS to the USPS is called UPS Mail Innovations. I mentioned it above. A large national firearms related vendor uses this and as I said above, all goes well until it is handed off to the USPS.

Adding a box of ammo prevents the USPS from getting involved. And I can always use a box of ammo.
I have noticed when ordering from Midway, if I add just a 50 fd. box of 22lr that order arrives faster.
Earlier this I placed an order with them, and 2 days later I decided I wanted something else.
Don't even remember what it was, but just for the heck of it I added the cheapest box of 22 ammo they had in stock.
The second order, even though it was 2 days later, it arrived the day before the first.
Things that make ya say hmm. ;)

And I will refrain to mention the crappy usps. :roll:

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:20 pm

Vaquero -

With your permission, I won't refrain to mention the USPS.

A couple of weeks ago, I called Henry and asked if I could purchase a pivot pin for a Henry single shot rifle because I fear that if I lose anything, it will be the pivot pin that comes out of the receiver.

I spoke to a very pleasant lady at Henry and she said she would mail me one. I asked her how much it would be and she said she would mail it without charge. I thanked her for her assistance and thought what great customer service. She didn't even make fun of my hillbilly, uneducated accent.

Late last week I still had not received the package and called Henry. I was advised that it had in fact shipped and when the second very pleasant lady checked, she advised the USPS describes the package as "DELAYED". She said she would send me another one but I asked her not to, I would rather wait in hopes the first pivot pin arrives. I would feel like a mooch if Henry mailed a second pivot pin and then the first shipment arrives.

The first contact with Henry was on November 27 and still no package. I fear that as time grows nearer to Christmas, the less likely it will be that the package is delivered.

Thanks USPS.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:19 pm

USPS seems fine as long as your item is no larger than an envelope and weighs no more than one either. Even then, on occasion I get the neighbors mail, and them mine. Thank goodness for good neighbors! 🤨
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:47 am

markiver54 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:19 pm
USPS seems fine as long as your item is no larger than an envelope and weighs no more than one either. Even then, on occasion I get the neighbors mail, and them mine. Thank goodness for good neighbors! 🤨
Recently I had a leaky shower faucet and contacted Moen who has a lifetime guarantee. Moen promptly shipped the replacement cartridge via UPS-Mail. I thought “oh no here we go again”. But within a few days the cartridge was in my mailbox. Funny, while tracking the delivery on-line it showed little movement but thankfully the package traveled better than the tracking info did. Agree with the package size leading to good or bad service with USPS. Usually when UPS hands off a package to USPS it adds “days” to the delivery.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:06 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:47 am
markiver54 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:19 pm
Agree with the package size leading to good or bad service with USPS. Usually when UPS hands off a package to USPS it adds “days” to the delivery.
Also seems to be very true.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:52 am

We had some terrible FedEx drivers for most of the time here. One was obviously high every time he arrived, and the back of the truck was a jumbled mess. The gal they had was pregnant and dumb as a post, but was the girlfriend of the regional manager, and carrying his baby. We were coming home from a quick trip to town, and saw a line of boxes/packages in the middle of the road. We saw a car up ahead trying to make a quick U-Turn to come back to them, but we stopped quickly and picked up the packages and put them in the back of the Frontier. We had just seen the FedEx truck turn and go up a cross street so followed. We caught up with her leaving a delivery about a mile up the road and blew the horn and flashed the lights and she pulled over. We told her we had some of her packages, and she said, "Gee, I guess I would have missed those by the end of the day, Duh. That's the third time I didn't get the door to latch this month."

She went away pretty quick after that.

The new FedEx driver is a retired AirForce Senior Enlisted. Sharply Dressed, the truck is well organized, and he is polite and helpful. He started as a part time fill in, but we called in a compliment, as did a number of others and they put him on the route full time. We hope HE stays.

Our UPS driver is also a 20+ year vet with UPS and a great driver. The only time we have an issue with them at all is when he takes time off. But... most of the drivers that sub are good as well.

USPS? Don't get me started. Issues since we moved here.
Our mailman in VA was great for twenty plus years, then got promoted to postmaster.

We have a great relationship with most of our guys/gals. Every year at Christmas Tina gives the good ones a small gift. Usually a Yankee Candle. The mailman in VA loved them, said he looked forward to them every year. He said, "Even guys like a nice candle to make the house smell good if you choose the right smell." LOL.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:05 pm

We can always tell when our regular USPS carrier is on vacation or whatever. He always nicely places our mail at the front of the box so we can easily reach it from the car. Others just throw it to the back which sometimes requires moving the car so we can get out and retrieve the mail. Not a real big deal, just a convenience we get used to with our regular guy.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:55 pm

We have some, shall we say, "challenges" with delivery drivers. The UPS guy we get lately is good, but he's the outlier. FedEx keeps trying to deliver to neighbors, and one claimed that our long driveway had no turnaround area, so there was a delivery note that said not to go down the driveway. How do you deliver then???
Our USPS people have gotten better after complaining once, but they must have some strange rules. They'll drive down the driveway with a package, but won't give us the letters, those have to go into the mailbox up at the road.
0 x