Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Not good news at all for the U.S. ammo industry !

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Not good news at all for the U.S. ammo industry !

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:28 am

https://youtu.be/rBGdw8cf5W4?si=FTY6gISsBAasb0gi

When civilians of a country lose control of 70% of it's ammo supply to a single foreign country you might be in deep trouble. :shock:
Another concern is Starline Brass is family owned and in the USA of course and could be a prime target for a buy out in the future.

Just suppose the new owner of the big name ammo companies decided to halt sales of primers to force civilians to buy finished ammo!!

Vista was the owner group that sold out. They are MONEY people and not country loving gun folks!
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Not good news at all for the U.S. ammo industry !

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:15 am

Great opportunity for some new small time US businesses to start up and get going.

Like HSM did for example.
1 x
NRA Member

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:15 pm

Hope so because it takes a bunch of money to start up something now and you have to find a financial lender that isn't against guns!
Lake City has been ordered by the "King" to stop selling ammo to the civilian market 5-56 ammo. Owned by Winchester but contracted to make Gov't ammo.
2025 if things don't pan out for the election is going to be a dark time and I see things falling in place....global money and global foreign companys controlling things.
3 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:12 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:15 pm
Hope so because it takes a bunch of money to start up something now and you have to find a financial lender that isn't against guns!
Lake City has been ordered by the "King" to stop selling ammo to the civilian market 5-56 ammo. Owned by Winchester but contracted to make Gov't ammo.
2025 if things don't pan out for the election is going to be a dark time and I see things falling in place....global money and global foreign companys controlling things.
Minor correction: Winchester doesn't own Lake City. They just manage it under contract to the government (DoD, I think). Before Winchester, Federal was managing it.
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:35 pm

Thanks for the video, I no longer shoot much real ammo but I just ordered $200 worth of airgun pellets in three calibers from Pyramyd Air. I bet as the wars heat up, the price of lead and brass will increase too. Not to mention the political factors.

FYI Pyramyd has great prices (buy 4 pay for 3) and ships pellets properly protected by foam sleeves.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:50 pm

John E Davies wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:35 pm
Thanks for the video, I no longer shoot much real ammo but I just ordered $200 worth of airgun pellets in three calibers from Pyramyd Air. I bet as the wars heat up, the price of lead and brass will increase too. Not to mention the political factors.

FYI Pyramyd has great prices (buy 4 pay for 3) and ships pellets properly protected by foam sleeves.

John Davies
Spokane WA
You win that bet. CA gun shops are reporting significant patronage spike in gun and ammo sales over the past couple weeks. Probably the same in other parts of the country.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023 ... les-n76269
It’s been busy at Coyote Point Armory in Burlingame, with sales up in recent weeks.

“The ammo sales is up, we got wiped out over the weekend and I’m expecting a lot more ammo to come in later this week,” said owner John Parkin.

Also going in and out of his shop at a higher rate are first-time gun buyers — about a 25% increase, just this month.

A trend Parkin says is expected when tensions are high on a local and global scale.

“I just think people finally come to the realization that it doesn’t hurt to have a firearm in their home to protect themselves and their loved ones, a lot of people are on the fence,” he said.

Other gun shops in the Bay Area say they’re seeing a similar trend as hostility grows across the region.
2 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:43 am

I had a surplus of some 45 acp ammo so I sold it to a local guy and reinvested the funds in some 9mm factory ammo. BigAl had some discussion recently about is it more cost effective to buy or load 9mm ammo. Probably a push right now. Anyway this is what I picked up yesterday at the local Bi-Mart. The CCI 115 fmj was $13.49, the Ammo Inc 124 JHP was $13.99 and the 250 round bulk pack 115 fmj was on sale for $60. With tax $195 for 650 rounds or about $15 per box including tax.

IMG_4397.jpeg
IMG_4397.jpeg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 1652 times
2 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:54 am

Looks like you did well there Hatch.
Well, both the 223 and 9mm were cheaper to buy factory ammo, but
I suspect that's about to change.
The last 223 ammo I saw at the local Academy was .54 cents a round,
I can load 'em cheaper than that.
I have about 6-700 cases that are already primed, heck they been like that for a couple years now.
May be time to start filling 'em.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:17 pm

My shotgun ammo[12 &20 ga} is pretty good. .22lr ammo is good. Handloading components for everything I load for is good. But, NOT getting short changed on anything regarding components, sooo, I bought another lb of 2400 and Red Dot and 500 coated cast rnfp 200gr's from Summers Enterprises and 500 coated 250gr's from T & B. And now a wee bit of beer 8-) and some college football. More loading to take place Monday.
2 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:14 am

In addition to the sale of the ammo companies now this:

On Thursday, November 2nd, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Congressman Robert Garcia (D-CA) introduced their newest gun control measure in Congress to further restrict your rights, but this time it is the ammunition they are after. The bill dubbed the AMMO Act, will federalize a version of existing state law here in California that restricts ammunition sales by requiring a criminal background check, banning out-of-state ammunition orders, requiring vendors to obtain a separate license to sell ammunition, and more. If passed, the AMMO Act will prohibit purchases of more than 1,000 rounds of any caliber within a five-day period, as well as require all vendors to obtain a federal license to sell ammunition, and it will require all vendors to report ammunition sales to the ATF.

https://robertgarcia.house.gov/media/pr ... gresswoman

A slight venture into politics here so please tread lightly to keep this info on the site.
1 x