Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ammo supply good in your ‘hood?

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Achigan
Tenderfoot
Lithuania

Re: Ammo supply good in your ‘hood?

Post by Achigan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:07 am

I waited in line yesterday at the local Academy store. .5 hours netted me 3 25 round boxes of Hornady .38 special. I paid $20 for each box. Ammo seek had one dealer offering the same for $50!
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:23 am

RanchRoper wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:36 pm
The primers I bought today are Federal. Never used them before. Always use Winchester ones. The other ones they had were CCI.
I like Federal primers for my .357 and 9 mm loads. My LGS doesn't always carry them. I use Winchester primers for most all other loads but I do have some Remington primers left from days of old. I guess when I get my second Covid shot this Friday I'll start getting back to the range. Call me nuts but I haven't been anywhere during this pandemic except to the Dr's office. People think I'm kidding when I say I'm still driving on gas I got in July but I'm not.
Jake
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:36 am

Yup get out and shoot buddy.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:21 am

I stop at the LGS for cleaning supplies and take a look of what was on the shelves. Lots of rifles, shotguns and pistols. But, the ammo shelves seemed odd. There was ammo but in Ziploc or vacuum sealed bags (.357s, .38s, 9MMs and others). But, the price up there, about $2 a round for .357s (pack of 50 for $95). If they were selling? I did not see anyone buy any, while I was there. I asked if they were reloads. The clerk said, yes. So, I told him that at least you all are trying to do something.

My point, it may be an opportunity for reloaders with surplus to make a few hundred dollars. May not be able to sell to all. But, I did see a lady filling out paperwork for a firearm. So, new buyers will have to have something to shoot, until things smooth out.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:27 am

Lgs here was pretty bare. Maybe a 1/3 of the normal number to pistols and 1/2 rifles and shotguns. Very little ammo, no 9, 45, 40, almost no shotgun shells. They had just gotten some Henrys, couple AR-7s, 22, 30-30, and 45-70.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:10 am

One would have to be very careful selling reloaded (remanufactured) ammo. At a minimum you would need a ammo manufacture’s FFL, any local business license and resale tax requirements and liability insurance. Probably more required but that’s what comes to mind. That’s a dangerous path to take.

That said, nice that the LGS is trying to get ammo in the hands of us shooters.
2 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:22 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:10 am
One would have to be very careful selling reloaded (remanufactured) ammo. At a minimum you would need a ammo manufacture’s FFL, any local business license and resale tax requirements and liability insurance. Probably more required but that’s what comes to mind. That’s a dangerous path to take.

DITTO!!

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:24 am

Reloading and selling or doing it for others is risky. Selling your extra components is fine. I wont give do or sell reloads for other people I would feel terrible if something malfunctioned.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:34 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:10 am

Yep. That crossed my mind as well. The cases could have been new, did not asked. Figured, they knew what they were doing, been in business since 2003. From what I was told, the son of the owners purchased them from someone else. But, I image they will go bang and not misfires. As far as too much pressure, that a possibility with any of them, things happen. Who knows, may be another ammo manufacturer in the making? All had to start from somewhere.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:06 am

Been low here too! All our stores are bare, and when we do find some ammo its marked up out of this world!!!
We did get lucky in September and wandered into a blaines farm and fleet 20 minutes before closing and they were restocking Hornady 9mm. The lady restocking it said there was a 2 box limit. She looked at us and said unless both of you have your foid card...
0 x
I never take myself seriously....