Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ammo backlog - Vista Outdoor

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Ammo backlog - Vista Outdoor

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:24 am

Vista outdoor released some info on their ammo production backlog. Buckle up folks. Don't waste what you got. Make every shot count.

Excerpt (my bold below):

[quote]

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/v ... og-billion

Vista was reporting its second-quarter earnings when CEO Chris Metz detailed what announced the backlog, which he called “unprecedented” for the company.

"We currently have over a year's worth of orders for ammunition in excess of $1 billion," Metz said during the Nov. 5 call. “With demand far outstripping supply and inventory levels in the channel at all-time lows, we see strong demand continuing, and this metric informs our viewpoint of what a recovery or normalization could look like."

He added that he was providing the additional context “to convey an underlying strength and strong foundational element to our business.”
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Ammo backlog - Vista Outdoor

Post by Rifletom » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:35 am

Dang! Yeah, that will put the hurt on some.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:50 am

Rifletom wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:35 am
They fill military, LEO, and other large contracts first at both Federal and State levels. I know a few of the local gunshop managers pretty well, and they all tell me they are on the tail end of the priority list from distributors/manufacturer's for common ammo used by everyone (9mm, 5.56, etc.). The civilian market is getting the leftovers for the past few months. I don't see that changing any time soon. Cross caliber component availability (primers, powder) also effect this.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:15 am

GunnyGene wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:50 am
Rifletom wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:35 am
They fill military, LEO, and other large contracts first at both Federal and State levels. I know a few of the local gunshop managers pretty well, and they all tell me they are on the tail end of the priority list from distributors/manufacturer's for common ammo used by everyone (9mm, 5.56, etc.). The civilian market is getting the leftovers for the past few months. I don't see that changing any time soon. Cross caliber component availability (primers, powder) also effect this.
Yep, hearing the same thing at LGS. I think most here are good as we've been buying in advance. Some of the new to firearms/handloading are finding things tough tho.
0 x