Remember those who served and thank those who serve now on Memorial Day

.45LC Shortage?

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
RanchRoper
Deputy Marshal
Canada

Re: .45LC Shortage?

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Glad I stocked up. Our supply here comes from USA. As soon as I get set up to reload, hopefully won't need factory ammo again for years.
3 x
1871 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver
1860 Henry
Coming soon: 1885 Single Shot High Wall
All in 45 Colt
"No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle" Winston Churchill

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

fortyshooter
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Mags wrote:.
I would not be a willing reloader. Hopefully won't come to that. BiMart, now that is a good idea. Have to find my member card :oops:
wingnut wrote:
Mags wrote:Been shopping my LGSs for .45LC. Other than an expensive box or 2 of defensive rounds no .45LC to be found. Anything in the wind as to why?
RR is still sucking it all up. :)

Step into the nearest Bi-Mart and have a look in their catalog. Order what and how much you want (make it a fair size order). They will call when it is in & pick up most of the shipping cost compared to the online shops.

Or you could learn to reload... ;)
Go ahead and join the wonderful world of reloading .45 ! It's painless and much more fun than going to your dentist!
I loaded a mere 300 rounds last week.
I should be out in the shop decapping old brass today...cloudy gray skies and 39 degrees,but too cold out there today!
0 x

Mags
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm

Thing is I like going to the dentist office. My dental hygienist is umm, uh very nice. :oops:
fortyshooter wrote:... It's painless and much more fun than going to your dentist!
0 x
:idea: Lever Action H009B .30-30 | Long Ranger H014s .223/5.56 | Uberti Colt .45 Revolver
"How Many" #596 & #895
Wish List: ???

Mags
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Back from morning errands. Swing by Sportsman Warehouse cause website said 'in-stock'. Nothing on the shelves. Talked to a desk gun clerk. Have it for fufulling online order/in-store pickup only.
0 x
:idea: Lever Action H009B .30-30 | Long Ranger H014s .223/5.56 | Uberti Colt .45 Revolver
"How Many" #596 & #895

fortyshooter
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Mags wrote:Back from morning errands. Swing by Sportsman Warehouse cause website said 'in-stock'. Nothing on the shelves. Talked to a desk gun clerk. Have it for fufulling online order/in-store pickup only.
I just ordered some Alliant Black MZ powder from them. The closest location is 143 miles from me and they had 8 pounds in stock but they
can't ship powder from their location. So it is coming from their distribution center.
But still their price at 9.99 for a pound is much better than my local shops 27.99!
I ordered 2 lbs. and still save money with shipping and 20 buck hazmat fee.
0 x

Mags
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Oh just had a thought! Maybe I should have done a realtime online order from my phone. Then just waited for it to be brought out from the store-room :lol:
Mags wrote:Back from morning errands. Swung by Sportsman Warehouse cause website said 'in-stock'. Nothing on the shelves. Talked to a desk gun clerk. Have it for fulfulling online order/in-store pickup only.
0 x
"How Many" #596 & #895

Rifletom
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:01 pm

RanchRoper wrote:Glad I stocked up. Our supply here comes from USA. As soon as I get set up to reload, hopefully won't need factory ammo again for years.
RR, when you do get set-up to handload, You'll appreciate the "custom" loads you'll be able to make for your .45 Colt. I've only been handloading for mine as long as I've owned my Henry in .45 Colt; about three months now. Have over 250 loaded up with Starline brass, Missouri 250gr RNFP bullets and Unique. You'll get along fine with handloading.
2 x

Mags
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:52 am

Out and about today. Checked at the local BiMart. They had one box of 50. Another store across the street had another. So I'm ready to start shooting again :P Bimart here does still sorta check for membership card at the door, but I could have just flashed a piece of colored paper the right size to get in.

And the .45 ACP cylinder arrived today in the mail. A little mill work on the bushing to fit, cylinder timing and alignment check out so it's ready to go. Now with a cylinder change I can shoot .45acp or .45lc. Lessens the ammo shortage concern being able to shoot either.
0 x
"How Many" #596 & #895

RanchRoper
Deputy Marshal
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 am

Rifletom wrote:
RanchRoper wrote:Glad I stocked up. Our supply here comes from USA. As soon as I get set up to reload, hopefully won't need factory ammo again for years.
RR, when you do get set-up to handload, You'll appreciate the "custom" loads you'll be able to make for your .45 Colt. I've only been handloading for mine as long as I've owned my Henry in .45 Colt; about three months now. Have over 250 loaded up with Starline brass, Missouri 250gr RNFP bullets and Unique. You'll get along fine with handloading.
I will be happy if the first few go bang and not the Elmer Fudd kind of bang, but the big hole in target bang. But I hear ya...thanks.
0 x
1871 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver
1860 Henry
Coming soon: 1885 Single Shot High Wall
All in 45 Colt
"No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle" Winston Churchill

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater