Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Haven't checked in for a while....

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Haven't checked in for a while....

Post by PT7 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:20 am

Nope, not "weird" at all, Dahliathemeh. I'm glad you're in charge.

I could share many paragraphs about the +10 years we worked on various projects to restore our 1908 house to, what we considered, its original beauty. My wife was the designer and decorator; I was the hired help....and we both thoroughly enjoyed our jobs! ;) Maybe I'll add a comment or two about our home whenever you post your further projects.

Interesting that you have "rule 1 that the wood is not to be touched unless by me." Excellent! I think the persons that lived in our home prior to our ownership also had that same rule. Why did we buy our older home? A main reason was that throughout the entire house, the original wood was intact and had never been painted!! That did it for me. During our +10 years there we never touched the wood either. What beauty and value it gave to our home.

Looking forward to what comes next.
Have a good day!
PT7
Dahliathemeh wrote:My home is a classic Chicago bungalow. It was built in the early to mid 20's. All the wood trim is original, and never been painted! We even have the original colums with shelves separating the living room and dining room. If you look closely at the doors, you'll see the hinges look like claws or leaves. Whenever any work is done here rule 1 is the wood is not to be touched unless by me, and we replace things here with original hardware as much as possible. I'm kind of weird that way.
1 x

~Пока~