Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

bore scope pictures

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

bore scope pictures

Post by Team Roper » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:03 am

I got a bore scope recently and was trying it out on the bore of my Henry 44 magnum. I shoot this rifle quite a bit and only shoot my cast bullets of 240 gr. and 275 gr. Before putting my bore scope into the bore, I ran a patch of bore solvent followed by a dry patch. I was amazed at the nice rifling cuts and the lack of lead anywhere in the bore. Nice job Henry.
WIN_20200731_10_29_09_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200731_10_27_34_Pro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.

Jerrysea
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: bore scope pictures

Post by Jerrysea » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:11 pm

What bore cleaner are you using? Don;'t want to start a war on the different ones. It is just that that looks so clean. I would like to know.
1 x

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:39 pm

I usually just grab what's on hand at the time. I use anything from Ed's Red, Hoppe's #9, Ballistol and even my mix 50/50 mix of Hoppe's and Kroil. Nothing to crazy anymore after trying so many things. There just isn't a magic bore cleaner and one is just as good as the other as far as I am concern so I tend to use my mixture of Ed's Red more I guess, since I made up a couple quarts of it.
2 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:18 pm

Nice pics, do you care to share a link to your scope? I have a cheap blutooth borescope for general usage but it won’t do much in a barrel....

How many rounds through it?

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:03 pm

Are your bullets plain hardcast or the coated bullets? I don't clean my barrels as often since the coated bullets and even no coated bullets seem to shoot clean in my rifles and some revolvers.
Your rifle bore looks great!
1 x

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:15 pm

John E Davies wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:18 pm
Nice pics, do you care to share a link to your scope? I have a cheap blutooth borescope for general usage but it won’t do much in a barrel....

How many rounds through it?

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA
Sure, no problem. Here is the link . I bought the 26 inch long Rigid bore scope . It was about $70 on Amazon which is quicker then coming from China and I also ordered the mirror kit for $20. I also found it on Amazon but Joanna in China, at Teslong is sending it to me. My friend in Ohio has been using this very same one and made a friend with the girl in China. He likes his so well he got the bore scope for his revolvers too. I should be getting my mirror kit tomorrow and it is arriving from China quicker then my Big Loop lever from Texas. I guess you can call that fast service.
Here's the link : https://www.teslong.com/
I couldn't even begin to tell you how many round I put through my Henry 44 mag. It doesn't sit idle much. Between that and my 45 Colt, they get shot about every other day. I am trying to desensitize the deer around my place to the sound of gunfire. That way they just walk right up to me at my tree stand and turn sideways for me.
2 x
Army Paratrooper
combat jump 2/67

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:03 pm
Are your bullets plain hardcast or the coated bullets? I don't clean my barrels as often since the coated bullets and even no coated bullets seem to shoot clean in my rifles and some revolvers.
Your rifle bore looks great!
My bullets are just cast from COWW and either air cooled or quenched with Carnanuba Blue Lube or BAC lube.
0 x
Army Paratrooper
combat jump 2/67

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 pm

Compared to some Henry's and quite a few Marlin Micro-groove barrels that barrel looks like a match grade barrel. I have seen some sad looking barrels shoot lights out. You can never say for sure how they will shoot with out testing them for accuracy. The rough barrels do foul worse with out a doubt and are harder to get cleaned up again. The best thing about bore scopes is getting to look for a carbon ring forming at the leade and copper build up any where in the bore that needs attention to remove it before it gets out of hand.
1 x