Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New ColorCaseHardened 45 Colt Big Boy

FlyingFinn
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: New ColorCaseHardened 45 Colt Big Boy

Post by FlyingFinn » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:56 am

Thanks rifletom!

Had a good range session. May have cost my buddy some money in the future as his teenage son really liked the Henry. He did better at 100 yards than I did with my own rifle! That means the Black Hills Ammo is good to go for 100 yard shooting.

I rather enjoyed letting my buddies son shoot my guns. He's raising that youngster well. Looking forward to when I get my little ones to the range. For now it's a Red Ryder in the back yard. Lever guns are awesome!
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 am

FlyingFinn wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:56 am
Looking forward to when I get my little ones to the range. For now it's a Red Ryder in the back yard. Lever guns are awesome!
outstanding .... you are on the path to building decades of cherished, shared memories
0 x

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:28 pm

Finn I know exactly what you mean about those blurry sights. When I was younger I could shoot 100 yards with open sights and get a lot of hits. I was farsighted but needed no specs.
Now at 65 the most fun for me is at the 50 yard backstop. I figure it's better to enjoy the 50 than to struggle every shot and miss anyway.
I put a peep sight on the BBS carbine and when I peer through it the aperture looks like it's egg shaped. My near vision is toast so I often wear reading glasses to shoot and the targets are a little blurry at all ranges.
Whattaya gonna do? ;) I already scoped my .22 magnum so I want to stick with the peep on the .44. If I have to scope it, I'll just move to the 25. haha.
That was some good shooting you did, and that rifle looks great! Big fan of CCH finish on cowboy guns like these.
0 x