Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New Henry X Models

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: New Henry X Models

Post by Mistered » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:48 pm

has placed a small scallop at the rear of the loading gate to help with loading through the loading gate. One of the several improvements from Henry..
I don't think a small 'scallop' at the rear of the loading gate on the frame qualifies as an 'improvement' - more like a simple cosmetic 'afterthought'.

Rounds are loaded through the front of the loading gate - not the rear - so it really doesn't do anything.

I would have preferred Henry had simply made the load gate opening a smooth, concentric 'oval' as opposed to the shape they did but I am sure it works fine as it is.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:06 am

I don't see that the scallop behind the loading would help either unless the loading gate is floating on top of a spring and the whole thing recesses during loading. The scallop would then give the round being loaded less of an entry angle.
Mistered wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:48 pm
has placed a small scallop at the rear of the loading gate to help with loading through the loading gate. One of the several improvements from Henry..
I don't think a small 'scallop' at the rear of the loading gate on the frame qualifies as an 'improvement' - more like a simple cosmetic 'afterthought'.

Rounds are loaded through the front of the loading gate - not the rear - so it really doesn't do anything.

I would have preferred Henry had simply made the load gate opening a smooth, concentric 'oval' as opposed to the shape they did but I am sure it works fine as it is.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:41 am

I’m agreeing with John E Davies that the new X models are appealing. (Might be a Spokane thing :lol: ) For me I like the pistol grip stock and that’s enough for me to consider one. I have no use for the rail or the threaded barrel and think the rail takes away from the great lines of the rifle. I sure wish Henry would build the X model 30-30 with the pistol grip stock as they do the 45-70. Anybody know why Henry puts the pistol grip on the big bore?
1 x

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:03 am

Anybody know why Henry puts the pistol grip on the big bore?
Better recoil control?
0 x
Pax at Justitia

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:55 pm

Ojaileveraction wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:03 am
Anybody know why Henry puts the pistol grip on the big bore?
Better recoil control?
Hardly, they seem to do this randomly. For example, the Single Shot Rifles come with straight or pistol grip, depending on the frame material. Does that make any sense at all?

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:18 pm

Hardley
Personal choice then?
0 x
Pax at Justitia

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Ya that's it. A Spokane/Deer Park thing.
Hatchdog wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:41 am
I’m agreeing with John E Davies that the new X models are appealing. (Might be a Spokane thing :lol: )...
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

EasyEd
Cowhand
Canada

Post by EasyEd » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:03 am

Hey All,

Nah it's a spokane south Hill just off Perry St where I used to live thing. Or maybe a valley/Liberty Lake thing.

Still see nothing for Canada...

-Ed-
0 x

inspcalahan
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by inspcalahan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:59 pm

I don't have much use for the rails, the plastic stock is ok but the threaded barrel is something I've been wanting for a long, long time! I was just about to send my AW45-70 off to be modified. Now I can just get this new rifle instead - I wish these X models were offered in stainless too. Perhaps one day.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:55 pm

Not a lot of specifics in this guns.com news report from Shot Show 2020, but an interesting list.

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/01/31/to ... -show-2020

The GDC Staff listed what they consider the best 10 new rifles displayed. What was interesting is that although (as was stated) Henry doesn't often have a booth display at this event, they showed the new Henry-X Model with a new lever-action ammo offering.

Interesting to me was a new product by Benelli. I had a Benelli 12-ga pump and always have thought Benelli makes excellent shotguns. Now they have moved into the bolt-action rifle market, too, with the new Lupo.

Something for many different "likes" in this top 10 list.

PT7
0 x

~Пока~