Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Got it today .. It broke :(

Alex
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: Got it today .. It broke :(

Post by Alex » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:47 pm

Well I decided to call this morning .. For anyone that is following this and has a problem ... its really best to call. They had approved it and the Woman I spoke to didn't know why the email hadn't been sent with the Shipping label and did it immediately. She was very sweet and took care of it right away and waited until I downloaded the label and printed it! I thought that was very nice.

Loaded it up on my bike and rode it over to UPS and its now on its way.

Mistered ... I think I would have preferred they just send me the part. I am not shy about table top gunsmithing and am sure I could have worked it out. Probably would have cost them about as much as the shipping back and forth. Having said that .. guess its cool the experts will check it out.

Told the wife I was a little disappointed and she told me just this morning .."the look on your face when you were shooting it is worth a million dollars to me." Guess that is why I keep her :)

Still dont know why she keeps me!! :shock:
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Alex wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:47 pm
Told the wife I was a little disappointed and she told me just this morning .."the look on your face when you were shooting it is worth a million dollars to me." Guess that is why I keep her :)

Still dont know why she keeps me!! :shock:

sounds like you have a keeper .. :D .. now the wait (hopefully a relatively short one) begins
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:14 pm

Hope it all goes well. Frustrating for sure.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:05 am

Good that's its on it way. Sad for for the return wait. :cry:
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by deano5150 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:22 pm

Just think how happy you’ll be when it comes back repaired. Like Christmas!
0 x

Alex
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Alex » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:12 am

Well .. its back .. I have never owned a lever action but I have owned and shot a lot of guns over a lot of years and .. there indeed must have been something wrong pre repair. Compared to the action now the pre repaired action was rough and clunky. I just thought it was a break in issue and it would smooth out. I cycled about 30 snap caps through it last night and it cycles and ejects wonderfully. oh so smooth. Actually a little shocked at the difference.

I will be honest .. I am a little tired of customer service being the hallmark of a good company rather than working at putting out a good product from the floor the first time but it seems to be the way now as I have had 2 rugers and a Rock island go back in for service before they finished a box of ammo.

Having said that .. and shining the best light on what I consider a bad situation, They did respond quickly, the return was painless and they received the gun on the 2nd and had it back out on the 5th with a new bolt. So while I would have preferred not to depend on good customer service to service a brand new rifle the service I received was commendable. Now the proof will be in the pudding and I haven't shot it yet but ... it does feel awful nice and that action whew ... sweet!

Now I have to search around on the forum to get some cleaning tips. I want that pretty wood and brass to shine!!
4 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:33 am

good to hear the repair was accomplished quickly and its back .... looking forward to you coming range reports and use observations
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Glad to hear you got it back Alex. You will not regret buying a Henry. Mine come out of the safe first on almost every occasion I open it up. What caliber did you get? Maybe I missed that, but don’t recall seeing you mention it.
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Alex
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Alex » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:42 pm

Redthies wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:04 pm
Glad to hear you got it back Alex. You will not regret buying a Henry. Mine come out of the safe first on almost every occasion I open it up. What caliber did you get? Maybe I missed that, but don’t recall seeing you mention it.
I got the 38/357 so it could keep this guy company!!

3 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:26 pm

nice combo .... very nice combo indeed 8-)
1 x