Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Long wait for service?

Cokepelli
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Long wait for service?

Post by Cokepelli » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Hey Everyone!
I am new here and looking for some info. I bought a new Big Boy Steel in 44 mag recently and couldn't wait to get it sighted in. I went to the range and after shooting 20 rounds only 1 went through the paper straight. They were grouping but obviously something was wrong I have never seen this before. I wrote to Henry and they had me send the rifle back to them. After some research, most of the wait times have been around 2 weeks. However, it has been 4 weeks and I am still waiting. I called them and they said they would call me right back or email me with an update. After 3 days I was still waiting for a response. So, I wrote an email to them and got a response back that they were still working on it. I guess my question is what could have been the issue that it is taking so long to repair? Is my wait time out of the norm? I can't wait to get it back as deer season is fast approaching. Hopefully, this will fix everything and I won't have another issue. I really want to like Henry and have always wanted one but I'm off to a bad start lol. Thanks.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Long wait for service?

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT. Sorry to hear about the problems with your rifle and with Henry CS. They are usually quite responsive and quick to repair problems and return rifles. The best and most efficient way to work with them, though, seems to be by telephone. One of our members has been maintaining a list of Henry contacts that you might want to keep in mind. http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5127

I suggest you call every day or every other day and try to talk to the same representative each time. Let them know how long you have been waiting, as well. They will make you glad you bought a Henry. Their CS is usually outstanding. Keep us posted. Good luck with your hunting. We'd love to see some photos and hear some stories. Glad you joined us.
Cokepelli wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm
Hey Everyone!
I am new here and looking for some info.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Nothing to add advice-wise. Just welcome to the forum!
Cokepelli wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm
Hey Everyone!
I am new here and looking for some info. I bought a new Big Boy Steel in 44 mag recently and couldn't wait to get it sighted in. I went to the range and after shooting 20 rounds only 1 went through the paper straight. They were grouping but obviously something was wrong I have never seen this before. I wrote to Henry and they had me send the rifle back to them. After some research, most of the wait times have been around 2 weeks. However, it has been 4 weeks and I am still waiting. I called them and they said they would call me right back or email me with an update. After 3 days I was still waiting for a response. So, I wrote an email to them and got a response back that they were still working on it. I guess my question is what could have been the issue that it is taking so long to repair? Is my wait time out of the norm? I can't wait to get it back as deer season is fast approaching. Hopefully, this will fix everything and I won't have another issue. I really want to like Henry and have always wanted one but I'm off to a bad start lol. Thanks.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Welcome to the forum and what specifically do you mean by:
only 1 went through the paper straight.
Are you saying the rest of the shots 'keyholed' into the target?

If this is the case there could be several non-gun reasons for it.

What was your target mounted on? Was your target mounted on wood or a cardboard backing?

Can you post a picture of your target?
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Welcome to the forum. Others have offered good advice. Let us know how it comes out.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:58 pm

first, welcome to our forum, happy to have you join us .... I agree with the suggestions from CT and the others about staying in close/daily contact with Henry .... at the very least they should be able to provide you with more info as to the nature of the problem .... make sure that they understand you need it back or use during hunting season .... please take a look at the link below and add your Henry to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 97#p112997
0 x

Cokepelli
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Cokepelli » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:22 pm

The bullets were tumbling in flight. I scrapped the targets but I have a friend (Marine Sniper) who was with me and he agreed that I should get with Henry to have them look at it. It was mounted on wood and I've never had this happen before. I am guessing that since they've had it for 4 weeks something was amiss. I was sighting in at 100 yards and moved up 25 yards with the same results.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:34 pm

what grain bullets were you firing .... factory loads or reloads ?
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Hmmm, this will be interesting.
0 x

Cokepelli
Tenderfoot
United States of America