Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry Big Boy 45 Colt Ejection not Good

Lead Head
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Henry Big Boy 45 Colt Ejection not Good

Post by Lead Head » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm

I have been getting empties not ejecting out of the rifle. I thought maybe I wasn't operating the lever rapidly enough so I made it point to work the action faster. That helped with most of the fired rounds. Shooting off a bench tends to cause me to work the action more slowly. BUT, with the last round fired, the empty will rarely eject out of the rifle. It simply falls down into the action where a loaded round would be but there is no loaded round there when it has been fired and will not eject.

To be clear, extraction is not a problem. It seems like the extractor isn't holding the shell casing firmly enough against the face of the bolt and letting the empty fall away from the bolt face before hitting the ejector.

Any suggestions?
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Henry Big Boy 45 Colt Ejection not Good

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Make HRA aware of the problem. They will look after you.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:29 pm

my 44 had the same issue with the last shell case not ejecting .... had to send it back to Henry ... works great now ... as RR recommended, you'd be wise to give them a call
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:58 pm

As recommended by the others, call HenryCS. Henry Contacts:
http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5127
Lead Head wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm
I have been getting empties not ejecting out of the rifle. I thought maybe I wasn't operating the lever rapidly enough so I made it point to work the action faster. That helped with most of the fired rounds. Shooting off a bench tends to cause me to work the action more slowly. BUT, with the last round fired, the empty will rarely eject out of the rifle. It simply falls down into the action where a loaded round would be but there is no loaded round there when it has been fired and will not eject.

To be clear, extraction is not a problem. It seems like the extractor isn't holding the shell casing firmly enough against the face of the bolt and letting the empty fall away from the bolt face before hitting the ejector.

Any suggestions?
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234