Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

rifle broke

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: rifle broke

Post by The Wiz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:47 pm

FYI, both other times the rifle went back was at the request of Henry not me. As far as this thread and the problem, I will deal with it on my own from here on in. Thanks to those who gave advice.
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:48 pm

There's a learning curve and aptitude. Special little files you gotta have.
I love that stuff but for others maybe not.
I understand and unless one is familiar with this type of work it might be best to find someone who can help with it.
Last edited by Mistered on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:28 pm

Wiz maybe you could post some pictures and we could help you from there
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:17 am

The Wiz wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:45 pm
I think another email to the boss is in order. Of course, it probably means the rifle is going back for the third time I have own it. This is getting old.

Mike ....

I have to hand it to you, tip of my cap for keeping your cool and being willing to give it a try .... while I might find what others suggest to be interesting, as it relates to me, its irrelevant .... I'd of called them and asked for them to send me a return label the day I got it back without the front sight .... that is specially true when the only negative thing about sending it back for a professional to take care of is I'd be without the rifle for a short period of time .... depending on the tone and info gathered in calling to get the return label, I'd of probably also placed a call or sent a note directly to Anthony but that's just me .... yep, as the old saying goes. "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din" .. :D
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:56 am

The "only negative" is usually the situation. But doesn't appear to be so in this case. Personally, I'd be leery of sending it back yet AGAIN.
JEBar wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:17 am
The Wiz wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:45 pm
I think another email to the boss is in order. Of course, it probably means the rifle is going back for the third time I have own it. This is getting old.
.... that is specially true when the only negative thing about sending it back for a professional to take care of is I'd be without the rifle for a short period of time ....
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:11 pm

Mags wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:56 am
The "only negative" is usually the situation. But doesn't appear to be so in this case. Personally, I'd be leery of sending it back yet AGAIN.

I certainly understand and respect your view .... earlier this year, in addition to having Henry send me a part, I had to send my 44 back twice for basically the same ejection issue .... I know know that there were multiple issues but the major one didn't finally surface until the rifle was fired after getting it back the first time .... that is totally different than shipping a rifle without a front sight which I can't see any way to rationalize ... that said, regardless of what the issue might be, I wouldn't hesitate to send it back for any problem covered by Henry's warranty....
1 x