Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Magazine Tube Replacement

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Magazine Tube Replacement

Post by Mags » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 pm

I looked at the Henry site before posting above. There is no wording in the warranty that says the warranty itself is any different for US or international. Where one gets their warranty service is different for international customers.
ESquared wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:28 pm
International rules differ. HRA website refers international customers back to their dealer. Most of the warranty language in "U.S. customer" directed.
Last edited by Mags on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:02 pm

As Mistered said check that statement out with Henry directly. I had a dealer here once tell me I would have a one year warranty and that was not the case at all.
Firefly wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:53 pm
According to the UK importer we get two years warranty and that is all
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:03 pm

Mags wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 pm
I looked at the Henry site before posting above. There is no language that says the warranty itself is any different for US or international. Where one gets their warranty service is different for international customers.
ESquared wrote:
International rules differ. HRA website refers international customers back to their dealer. Most of the warranty language in "U.S. customer" directed.
So did I. It clearly says international customers need to contact their local dealer. And that's all is says. Hard to infer that Henry's USA lifetime warranty is transferable to an international customer.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:19 pm

The Henry site says: "For repairs in all other countries please contact the dealer where the firearm was purchased." There is nothing in that statement to indicate the lifetime warranty isn't honored elsewhere.
ESquared wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:03 pm
Mags wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 pm
I looked at the Henry site before posting above. There is no language that says the warranty itself is any different for US or international. Where one gets their warranty service is different for international customers.
ESquared wrote:
So did I. It clearly says international customers need to contact their local dealer. And that's all is says. Hard to infer that Henry's USA lifetime warranty is transferable to an international customer.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Which is what the OP did. He contacted his local (UK) dealer, and was told he had a 2-year warranty. As much as you'd like him to have a Henry lifetime warranty, not gonna happen.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:49 pm

As much as you'd like him to have a Henry lifetime warranty, not gonna happen.
Yea - without the ability to send it back he is at the mercy of his local dealer.
My guess is if he uses his local dealer Henry will probably send them the part N/C and the dealer will charge him to replace it.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 am

Might be right, but sometimes the dealers mis-speak. So still worth a shot to ask Henry directly.

Also Henry.UK website: http://www.henryrifles.co.uk/the-henry-warranty/

"Henry Repeating Arms stands behind its products as it has historically. They offer a simple limited lifetime warranty; if you have a problem at any time, and it’s our fault, we will correct the problem immediately and at no charge. The warranty does not cover excessive wear and tear to parts, and accidental damage."

"All our Henry Rifles carry the superb Henry Rifles simple limited lifetime warranty only available from approved Henry dealers like ourselves – if you buy from an Unauthorised dealer you may have problems if anything goes wrong as they cannot return it for service."
ESquared wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:22 pm
Which is what the OP did. He contacted his local (UK) dealer, and was told he had a 2-year warranty. As much as you'd like him to have a Henry lifetime warranty, not gonna happen.
Firefly wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:53 pm
According to the UK importer we get two years warranty and that is all
0 x

Firefly
Tenderfoot
Great Britain

Post by Firefly » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:45 am

I have spoken with both Henry and the UK importer and discussions are ongoing so at the moment the gun is with my gunsmith who is in conversation with the importer and the importer is in conversation with Henry, I have no idea what the result will be.

On the same topic my gunsmith agrees that the tube is very thin and suggests that laser welding the crack and then fitting a sleeve over the end of the tube reaching the front support may be a better solution than replacement as it would strengthen the area that has cracked on not only my gun but has been reported to have happened to a number of this sites members. He thinks the tube is too weak in this area.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:51 am

Best of luck to you, Firefly, I hope you are accommodated by both HRA and your local importer!
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:49 pm

On the same topic my gunsmith agrees that the tube is very thin and suggests that laser welding the crack and then fitting a sleeve over the end of the tube reaching the front support may be a better solution than replacement
This would be very time consuming and expensive. The tube could be laser welded, finished and a sleeve would have to be machined to fit snugly over the end of the tube as well as the 'J' shaped inner tube lock pin channel would have to be cut to match the existing tube so the inner tube lock pin will seat in it - OR the pin could be ground shorter so it is flush with the outside of the tube and then the outer sleeve could be left uncut.
It would also need to be fitted very carefully and relatively thin as to be as unobtrusive as possible.
The sleeve would then have to be blued to match.

Regardless I would not consider this unless parts were not available which is not the case.
0 x