Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Magazine Tube Replacement

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Magazine Tube Replacement

Post by ESquared » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:05 am

Very nice and relatively quick, too! Thanks for sharing the outcome and please keep us posted on how things perform for you going forward.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:23 pm

good to hear .... looking forward to seeing his repair to the OEM tube
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:34 pm

Good to hear!
Firefly wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:00 am
Update.
My gunsmith has replaced the tube and returned the gun to me, the cost to me was just for his time spent on the work. He also slightly adjusted the inner tube lock to eliminate movement due to recoil that puts strain on the latch cutout slot. He is also looking at the possibility that the broken tube could be repaired.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

WHH@LkMich
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by WHH@LkMich » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:32 pm

I recently acquired a used H006c. The seller disclosed a problem removing the magazine.
The problem: after several rounds, the outer tube becomes dislodged from the
securing pin on the receiver base (below the neck of the barrel). Once dislodged,
the forward pin at the front is also dislodged from its grove under the front barrel band.
Subsequently, the magazine can only be removed with carefully applied force.
(The previous owner nicked the front of the tube and knob trying to hammer it out.)
I am OK with replacing the nicked magazine outer tube, but I am concerned about the failure
of the pin in the neck of the receiver to secure it. Maybe that's the problem.
Overall, the H006c has great balance and is steady to hold. It's a pleasure to shoot
and it always gets comments at the range. It handles and fires like a gem.
Many thanks for any advice.
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:43 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your situation. Have you contacted Henry yet? I know they sell tubes for about $20. But, it may send you a replacement. The firearms have a lifetime warranty. The tube may be concerned a warranty item. If not, $20 may be well spent.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT and congratulations on owning a Henry. You will not be sorry. Regarding the magazine tube, please contact Henry Repeating Arms Customer Service by phone and describe your rifle as you have done here. They will take care of it.

Here is an up to date list of contacts at HRA maintained by our member, Mags.

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5127

Keep us posted.
WHH@LkMich wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:32 pm
I recently acquired a used H006c. The seller disclosed a problem removing the magazine.
securing pin on the receiver base (below the neck of the barrel). Once dislodged,
the forward pin at the front is also dislodged from its grove under the front barrel band.
Subsequently, the magazine can only be removed with carefully applied force.
(The previous owner nicked the front of the tube and knob trying to hammer it out.)
I am OK with replacing the nicked magazine outer tube, but I am concerned about the failure
of the pin in the neck of the receiver to secure it. Maybe that's the problem.
Overall, the H006c has great balance and is steady to hold. It's a pleasure to shoot
and it always gets comments at the range. It handles and fires like a gem.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Congrats on your new to you H006. Welcome from the TV, Oregon. Do contact Henry CS as recommended. They really are over the top excellent at providing support. Also, if you phone in and reach someone not already in the support list I maintain, please provide me with the contact information you get so that I can keep that list up to date. Thanks.
WHH@LkMich wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:32 pm
securing pin on the receiver base (below the neck of the barrel)....
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234