Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Is this for real?

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Is this for real?

Post by Bugs » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPSXozkWFc

Woo Hoo can't wait. I've been contemplating a Jap Winchester, Italian Uberti, hey I've even sunk low enough to consider a Rossi because I wanted a loading gate model. Now I don't have to stray. Make mine a .357 please and I'll hand you my $$$.
2 x

spsix
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by spsix » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Here's a link to the Henry website. It's for real !

Well done Henry !

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/side-ga ... r%20Action
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Back on the Marlin Owners forum, it's pretty positive, but, the hateful few have made their feelings known. Geez, they're lever guns. Enjoy what ya like. This ain't Bentley vs Edsel.
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Saw no pinching when loading! Although ejected cases still swivel and slap the side of the receiver when ejected. Can see it early in the video and in slow motion about 3:25.
Bugs wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPSXozkWFc

Woo Hoo can't wait. I've been contemplating a Jap Winchester, Italian Uberti, hey I've even sunk low enough to consider a Rossi because I wanted a loading gate model. Now I don't have to stray. Make mine a .357 please and I'll hand you my $$$.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Is this for real

Post by John E Davies » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:06 pm

Those are very fine looking rifles. I have to wonder about a highly polished brass receiver getting scratched up during reloading through the gate.... problem? The blued gate itself is going to get shined up, for sure.

I think an All Weather with this configuration with a silver gate would be cool.

John Davies
Spokane WA
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:17 pm

Agreed, have never owned one with the gate, so I don't miss it. My brother has one though, A 30-30 Marlin which I have used.
I don't like it. Forget tradition for me, the tube mag works just fine. If I ever need to re-load a quick one, I will just drop the lever and put one in. :roll:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:38 pm

0 x

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bugs » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:13 am

markiver54 wrote:Agreed, have never owned one with the gate, so I don't miss it. My brother has one though, A 30-30 Marlin which I have used.
I don't like it. Forget tradition for me, the tube mag works just fine. If I ever need to re-load a quick one, I will just drop the lever and put one in. :roll:
For me the option for a quick reload via the gate now gives me the option to utilize this rifle for self defense in addition to recreational shooting. After to reading and listening to the reviews what seems to be missing from all of them, and what is a huge advantage for this rifle is the ability to unload the weapon from the tube loader. One BIG drawback to gate load only lever actions is having to continually work the lever to unload unspent cartridges at the end of a hunt. Now all you have to do is unload via the tube. IMO this model will be a game changer for Henry. Kudos to Henry once again.
3 x

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by wingnut » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:04 am

What the younger crowd is saying about the "gate" (NSFW in spots):

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Sid ... 5-2214616/
1 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bugs » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:17 pm

Mr. GunsNGear LOL. Let me review the new Henry with a gate load and not once use the gate in my review.
1 x