Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Is this for real?

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Is this for real?

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Sun May 05, 2019 12:05 am

No, I didn’t expect them too, that’s why I didn’t push the subject too hard. But Judging by the comments from people in the forums, most of them are waiting for those steel versions. So I suspect Henry will listen again and bring those out. Just not yet.
1 x

bburgess5189
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by bburgess5189 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:19 pm

My gut tells me they will release a couple new calibers a year..

I"m waiting on the 45 Colt.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed May 08, 2019 12:12 am

I asked Dan if they were going to do octagon side gates. He said no plans to do so, but appreciated the suggestion.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 08, 2019 11:16 pm

link to YouTube Henry 30-30 Lever Action Rifle With Side Gate Loading video ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoDlGVP-h1o

another link for the new 38-55 ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FboK4wA1y7A
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Thu May 09, 2019 6:07 am

Back on the Marlin Owners forum, it's pretty positive, but, the hateful few have made their feelings known.
Not a member of the Marlin forum but I visited to see what the controversy was and what I saw was mostly positive about Henry with little to almost nothing negative - but then I only read the initial thread posts on the non-Marlin lever gun thread so I could have missed something.
Heck if anything I read more disdain for NEW Marlins than Henrys.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 am

first of all, I couldn't care less about having a side loading gate ..... that said, I do like the concept of having a rifle that gives me a choice .... in looking at the new rifles, a question has come to mind .... how does the strength/hardness of the "hardened brass receivers" compare with the receivers uses on the BBS and CCH models .... :?:
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu May 09, 2019 10:37 am

It was mentioned in at least one of the videos that the brass alloy used is as strong as steel.
JEBar wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 am
first of all, I couldn't care less about having a side loading gate ..... that said, I do like the concept of having a rifle that gives me a choice .... in looking at the new rifles, a question has come to mind .... how does the strength/hardness of the "hardened brass receivers" compare with the receivers uses on the BBS and CCH models .... :?:
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu May 09, 2019 10:57 am

Some things I picked up on in the videos...
In one of the scenes, one of the users had a little difficulty with operating the lever, like it was stiff to move.
In another, the mag tube spring appeared to have a lot of push back, one of the users was shown having to push ammo pretty hard into the gate.
The last thing I noticed, especially in slow motion video, sometimes the extractor doesn't let go of the spent cartridge soon enough. It pivots the cartridge around so that it bounces off the side of the receiver behind the eject port. Happens on my Henry brass .30-30. There are quite a few tick marks in the brass of my receiver.

I think the first 2 are new rifle break-in issues and will go way of their own or with DIY adjustments. The latter seems to be a common problem with some of the Henry's not just the new ones.

Overall minor stuff.
Mistered wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:07 am
Back on the Marlin Owners forum, it's pretty positive, but, the hateful few have made their feelings known.
Not a member of the Marlin forum but I visited to see what the controversy was and what I saw was mostly positive about Henry with little to almost nothing negative - but then I only read the initial thread posts on the non-Marlin lever gun thread so I could have missed something.
Heck if anything I read more disdain for NEW Marlins than Henrys.
0 x