Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

22Plinkster 45-70 Vid

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: 22Plinkster 45-70 Vid

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 pm

You can edit the content of the post to anything you want to say differently. Click the 'pencil' button that appears near the 'quote' button.
ESquared wrote:Tried to delete the original post but can't. Regret posting it in the first place.

At least it gave rise to some discussion about some regional get-togethers among members for some responsible (!) shooting and camaraderie.

Point taken.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Mags wrote:.
You can edit the content of the post to anything you want to say differently. Click the 'pencil' button that appears near the 'quote' button.
Thought about that, then thought about it again. Original post edited.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:04 pm

It's all good...
Well, its not ALL good but please understand I am NOT some sort of fanatical environmentalist.
I simply see things (as I have mentioned) on TV, 'net vids etc. I do not believe have a place in the realm of quality, traditional target shooting or promote the shooting sports in a positive manner. If you want to see an act of abject insanity Google 'guy blows leg off shooting tannerite'.

Like I said my shooting environment is considerably different than many others and nearly all of my shooting is on public land where everybody sees what is going on and all of us (around here anyway) are working very hard to maintain the cleanliness we have and improve it.
Fortunately on the 'East' side of Oregon it is much more rural and there is considerably less trash than other areas and we want to keep it that way.

One thing I am glad to see is the interest in 'Modern sporting rifles' seems to have reached the 'high water mark' - and maybe crested over.
I see and hear considerably less mag dumps in the woods than in the past and quite frankly am seeing more 'traditional' guns being used. Part of this is due to the more rural aspect of Central Oregon with more emphasis on hunting and the outdoors in general but the less brass I see on the ground the better!
3 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:13 pm

... and fewer shotgun shells...
Mistered wrote:... in general but the less brass I see on the ground the better!
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:38 pm

AS I have been saying forever - impose a 5c deposit on SG shells - at least in Oregon like we have on cans & bottles - and heck now THEY are 10c.!!
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Holy smokes, I think they were just having fun and blowing some stuff up with a Henry. I don't read anything into it more than that. I laughed when the spray foam went kaboom. I understand the outdoors and cleaning up the mess. I spend endless hours in the backcountry year round and actually never see spent shells, maybe the odd shotgun shell around hunting season but not very often. I guess guys are cleaning up after themselves. That is way less of a problem than the guys tearing up the creeks and such with quads. Now THAT really ticks me off, but that's another story not related to this thread at all, and probably locked-thread worthy anyway. ;)
3 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Ya probably my bad on that. The video lead into talk of get togethers and i felt I just didn't want folks thinking it was ok to shoot that stuff on public land. That spray foam shot was the best though!
RanchRoper wrote:... I don't read anything into it more than that. I laughed when the spray foam went kaboom. ...
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:03 pm

Little bit of a segway into the cans and bottle deposit thing in Oregon. Oregon tracks the redemption and the deposit was raised because not enough people were taking their cans and bottles in for redemption. The redemption places are filthy dirty, sticky, buggy with flys and yellow jackets. Not subject to any kind of health regulations or inspections. With plenty of metal recycling as well as biweekly curb recycling pickup I wasn't doing any redeeming. With the recycling options we have here now the can/bottle deposits have outlived their purpose.

Back on track, yes for deposit for shotgun shells!
Mistered wrote:
AS I have been saying forever - impose a 5c deposit on SG shells - at least in Oregon like we have on cans & bottles - and heck now THEY are 10c.!!
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:54 pm

RanchRoper wrote:Holy smokes, I think they were just having fun and blowing some stuff up with a Henry. I don't read anything into it more than that. I laughed when the spray foam went kaboom. I understand the outdoors and cleaning up the mess. I spend endless hours in the backcountry year round and actually never see spent shells, maybe the odd shotgun shell around hunting season but not very often. I guess guys are cleaning up after themselves.

agree .... in our area, the vast majority of the land is privately owned .... so long as they aren't breaking some law, I tend to believe the land owners have the right to determine the rules folks using their land have to follow .... on public land, folks have the right to shoot whatever targets are deemed appropriate by the government agency that has jurisdiction .... as a hunter and target shooter who loads his own ammo, picking up my brass (along with any other I can find) has always been part of the process .... its unfortunate that as with many (if not most) things, some folks simply aren't going to follow the rules, much less behave in a manner characterized by courtesy and respect
4 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:59 pm

... and gives a bad rap by association to the well mannered.
JEBar wrote: .... its unfortunate that as with many (if not most) things, some folks simply aren't going to follow the rules, much less behave in a manner characterized by courtesy and respect
1 x