Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Big boy steel carbine

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Big boy steel carbine

Post by markiver54 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Vaquero wrote:Actually when I bought my 41BBS I would have chosen the carbine over the rifle, but the first year they only made the rifle. Said they weren't going to make it in the carbine.
Guess they didn't know how many people wanted a 41. :shock:
I did change out the loop, but as far as accuracy once you find that right ammo combo, well she speaks for herself.
20190215_071920.jpg
20181209_143154.jpg

She won't be going anywhere anytime soon, but
I still like those carbines though.

RP
Nice!!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Old School Guns
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Old School Guns » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:48 pm

My BIL's BB Steel in .22 mag got me jonsing for one in .357. He got it for a great price, after I spotted it at my LGS; they sell lots of ARs and used lever guns often sit around, so they took an offer.

I use that caliber for varmints, and he's really found how great it shoots too. His grandson is a terror with it, a born marksman.
1 x
“I think the evil is in the food, in the noise, in the crowding, in the stress, in the water, in the air.”
― Edward Abbey

PatientWolf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PatientWolf » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:49 pm

If I am fortunate enough to add another lever to the list, a .357 carbine is likely to be the next one. I think that length is incredibly handy and like the fact the .357 is a little cheaper to shoot factory ammo through than the .327 or .41.
0 x

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:20 am

A few months ago I noticed a Big Boy brass .357 sitting on the rental rack at my local range.
I had just picked up my Big Boy steel .327 and was in a "Henry mood".

Asked if they would be interested in selling the .357, I was surprised when they said yes, and told me $500 out the door.
When I got it home and did some checking, I found my newly acquired Big Boy was less than 1 year old!

It had a very small chip out of the butt stock (since replaced), but otherwise in pristine condition, after a good cleaning.
I doubt it had more than a couple hundred rounds through it.

Very accurate and soft shooting.
Love all my Henry's!
1 x