Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

First Henry... H012M

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: First Henry... H012M

Post by PT7 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 pm

What you said is your answer in my thinking.

Pres. Anthony Imperato wants his customer to be "completely satisfied." You already know the turnaround is not that bad for Henry service. I'd do it a second time, and definitely would let Dee know it hasn't been done right on a new rifle. Make sure she gets your photos, too. They tell the story better than words.

Make the long haul a contented one.
PT7

vtyler98 wrote: .....but I don’t like having the bluing missing or the wood not matching up with the metal.
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Call them up and talk to them. Supposed to be a 'new' rifle not a 'blem'.
vtyler98 wrote:Well I received my rifle back today and I have to say my reaction is a bit mixed. They did fix the loose forearm which was the biggest issue. However the areas where the blueing was missing and the big gap on the stock were not fixed. I’ve attached a few pictures here, what do you think? I really don’t want to send it in again because I like the rifle but I don’t like having the bluing missing or the wood not matching up with the metal.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

vtyler98
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by vtyler98 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:09 pm

PT7 wrote:What you said is your answer in my thinking.

Pres. Anthony Imperato wants his customer to be "completely satisfied." You already know the turnaround is not that bad for Henry service. I'd do it a second time, and definitely would let Dee know it hasn't been done right on a new rifle. Make sure she gets your photos, too. They tell the story better than words.

Make the long haul a contented one.
PT7

vtyler98 wrote: .....but I don’t like having the bluing missing or the wood not matching up with the metal.
Thanks, I did send photos of the issues with the areas circled and a detailed description of the issues the first time. They did tighten the forearm up but they didn’t fix the other issues or even touch up the bluing like the notes said they did. I guess I’ll give it a try again and see what happens.
1 x

BobGinVA
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by BobGinVA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:51 am

Vt...98...couple of questions: How does it shoot, now that you have it back? Does it function correctly? Just wonderin'? What sights are you going to use? Once you have the sights you want...do a test target at 100 yds and let us know if its accurate.
0 x

vtyler98
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by vtyler98 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:39 pm

BobGinVA wrote:Vt...98...couple of questions: How does it shoot, now that you have it back? Does it function correctly? Just wonderin'? What sights are you going to use? Once you have the sights you want...do a test target at 100 yds and let us know if its accurate.
I haven’t done any long range tests with it yet but at 25 yards sighting it in was plenty accurate to kick some cans across the yard. I plan to use this with the iron sights, maybe add a peep sight at some point but probably keep it pretty much stock.

I’m waiting to hear back from Henry though, I don’t like the idea of the blueing issue not being addressed (not to mention it rusted where it was missing even though I oiled it down before sending it off). I’m hoping they will get things fixed this time or just send me a new gun as I am ready to keep it for good. Supposed to rain off and on the next 10 days here so I probably won’t get any additional chances to shoot it before sending it off again.
0 x

vtyler98
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by vtyler98 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Hmmm I reached out to Dee last week after receiving my gun back (Wednesday) and still haven’t heard anything back. She previously was pretty quick to respond.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:06 pm

I'd give her a call.
0 x

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:37 pm

Congrats,hope you get it tighten up.
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Squib308
Tenderfoot

Post by Squib308 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:55 pm

OP- this rifle is designed to fire ammunition. if looking for an heirloom purchase a Uberti. i suggest putting a case of ammo through your HRA before deciding it's got issues.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:22 pm

The OP bought a 'new' Henry. He should get what he paid for, not a blem nor one is 'used' condition.
Squib308 wrote:OP- this rifle is designed to fire ammunition. if looking for an heirloom purchase a Uberti. i suggest putting a case of ammo through your HRA before deciding it's got issues.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234