CCH Large Loop?

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: CCH Large Loop?

Post by Cofisher » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Love how mine works/looks.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Mags wrote:The bigger loop looks much nicer on the rifle than the original. For some reason I had it in my head that it was a Rifleman(Chuck Conners) big loop. Glad to see it's not.
I agree .... as noted in another post, to me going with the large loop has proven to be a positive contributor to the feel and performance of our Henry 44 Mag and 357 Mag .... so much so that I made the following statement way back in the 3rd post in this thread :
JEBar wrote:IF they ever come up with a large loop lever (CCH or standard blue) for our CCH 45-70 with a pistol grip, I'll place an order the day I find out about it
so, after being alerted by this thread of their existance and calling Henry to confirm, I placed an order ..... for me it has never a question IF when one became available I'd order a large loop lever for our CCH 45-70 .... if all that had been offered was one with a black finish, I'd of ordered it without question .... when I learned they were also offering one with a CCH finish, I was faced with a choice .... I had to decide if, for me, the CCH finish worth it .... having seen some CCH rifles with much more vivid colors I was concerned that a brightly colored lever might not go well with the much more muted colors of our rifles finish .... concerned enough to call Henry to try and get some idea as to the nature of the finish on their replacement large loops .... while I didn't get the degree of info about the finish that I wanted, the assurance that if I didn't like the look, I was welcome to send it back did help in making a decision .... the facts are, I really like the rife, its a keeper that will be passed on after I'm gone .... with its recoil and with me being on blood thinning meds, I've already spent a good deal of money having it Mag-Na-Ported, installing Mercury Recoil Suppressor, and top of the line Kickeez Recoil Pad .... not to mention having a gunsmith fine tune the trigger .... I figured I'd give the CCH lever a try .... its really great to be able to say, I'm happy I did
5 x

Aaroncc357
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Aaroncc357 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Figured I'd add a photo before and after of my cc357. Honestly didn't even notice the old lever was not cc, haha . I was on an email notice on this, so I ordered one immediately. I think without a doubt it's a worthy investment function and looks wise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:10 pm

first, welcome to our forum, happy to have you join us .... your CCH 357 is a beautiful rifle .... our BBS 357 has proven to be one of our favorites .... back when we ordered it having a CCH finish wasn't an option .... well understood on the matching big lever being well worth the expense .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add you Henry to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 803#p75803
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:11 pm

Aaroncc357 wrote:Figured I'd add a photo before and after of my cc357. Honestly didn't even notice the old lever was not cc, haha . I was on an email notice on this, so I ordered one immediately. I think without a doubt it's a worthy investment function and looks wise.

first, welcome to our forum, happy to have you join us .... your CCH 357 is a beautiful rifle .... our BBS 357 has proven to be one of our favorites .... back when we ordered it having a CCH finish wasn't an option .... well understood on the matching big lever being well worth the expense .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add you Henry to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 803#p75803
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Aaroncc357 wrote:Figured I'd add a photo before and after of my cc357. Honestly didn't even notice the old lever was not cc, haha . I was on an email notice on this, so I ordered one immediately. I think without a doubt it's a worthy investment function and looks wise.
Welcome to the forum, Aaron; and thanks for the photos. I look forward to reading more about your and your Henry.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Welcome from the TV Oregon! The large loop does make your Henry look better.

0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:54 pm

_WELCOME!_.jpg
….and Greetings from the Show-Me-State, Aaron.

I've had both styles of levers, and lean toward the larger loop for more "function," as you noted. The SGC I have is equipped with a stock large loop lever. It is nice to have some options to choose from, as your "before & after" photos clearly show.

Enjoy the .357 Big Boy.....cool caliber for sure.
PT7

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

~Пока~