Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My Long Gone Ranger

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

My Long Gone Ranger

Post by bandit1250 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:21 am

Well things didn't work out on Mags getting my Long Ranger 223. I almost decided to keep it after he couldn't get it but that stock shape just turns me off. So I boxed it up and took it to my LGS that does trades after he had already told me he would like to have it because of the nice wood it has on it. He really liked it when he opened the box and made the deal he had told me he would. I saw a Leupold Freedom 3-9x33 EFR scope in the show case and took it out side and checked it out. It is very nice except I would like it to be gloss finish. Very compact in size. Has the fine duplex with none of the extra dots and lines to clutter up the view. I am not in to all those dots and lines in my scopes. He had them marked at $239 so I got one for one of my CZ 452's and got a check for $460 so I ended up with the $700 he said he would pay. No tax on the scope when using the rifle on the trade. Might get a chance to put it on my rifle unless the wife is feeling better and we get the car out and go to the last two cruises for the year. I really hope that Mags can get him the Long Ranger that he wants.
3 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: My Long Gone Ranger

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:28 am

Let me know how that scope works for you. Been thinking of getting one, myself.
1 x

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Post by roddy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:36 am

I would be interested in your thoughts on the scope as well.

Cars...my other passion. What do you drive?
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:01 pm

bandit1250 wrote:... I really hope that Mags can get him the Long Ranger that he wants.
It'll happen someday. I do appreciate the consideration. Anyway, you got a much better offer from your LGS than I could come up with quickly.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Mags - I don't know if you ever head 'East' often but there is a LGS in Burns that had a couple Long Rangers a while back and one was a .223. Heck see if he still has it and make a 'road trip' out of it !
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Thanks for the tip. That LGS in Burns got a name? Might do a 2-fir over nighter. LGS and sky. Love the night time sky out there away from the light pollution.
Mistered wrote:Mags - I don't know if you ever head 'East' often but there is a LGS in Burns that had a couple Long Rangers a while back and one was a .223. Heck see if he still has it and make a 'road trip' out of it !
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:03 am

B & B Sporting Goods. Old school kinda place - but then it is Burns after all!
Heck call 'em.
0 x