Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I’m going to get in BIG trouble...

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Re: I’m going to get in BIG trouble...

Post by Redthies » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:14 pm

¡Los hermanos accione lever!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:42 pm

I had a friend that every time he got a new gun his wife went out a bought a new set of China. Lovely couple but both have passed now.
2 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:48 pm

That’s funny Jake. Mine goes to Hawaii with her sister once a year and I stay home and work. I’m smart enough not to bring it into the discussion though;)
0 x

CurtZHP
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CurtZHP » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:13 am

I'm one of those rare privileged characters whose wife doesn't mind me buying a new gun once in a while, as long as the kids are fed, the car runs, and the house isn't falling down around us. I come home with a new gun, and she just sort of looks at it like, "OK, but why did you need that?" Then, she immediately catches herself and gets this look like, "Yeah, stupid question..."

It's getting her to actually spend money on herself that I have trouble with!

Drop dead gorgeous, great cook, never gets PMS....

Weird.
1 x
Aim small, miss small.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:11 am

Definitely got someone special and unique.
CurtZHP wrote:I'm one of those rare privileged characters whose wife doesn't mind me buying a new gun once in a while, as long as the kids are fed, the car runs, and the house isn't falling down around us. I come home with a new gun, and she just sort of looks at it like, "OK, but why did you need that?" Then, she immediately catches herself and gets this look like, "Yeah, stupid question..."

Weird.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:58 am

CurtZHP wrote:I'm one of those rare privileged characters whose wife doesn't mind me buying a new gun once in a while, as long as the kids are fed, the car runs, and the house isn't falling down around us. I come home with a new gun, and she just sort of looks at it like, "OK, but why did you need that?" Then, she immediately catches herself and gets this look like, "Yeah, stupid question..."

Weird.

You must have my wife’s twin. While she doesn’t understand the need to have multiple guns that “do the same thing”, she is certainly not against me buying or selling things if the deal makes sense, I usually have a third vehicle around as a project, and usually make money off them so I get some leeway with certain things. Mine has all the attributes of yours (including the reluctance to spend money on herself) but is also a massage therapist at a Four Seasons Hotel. I am one lucky s.o.b!
0 x

CurtZHP
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CurtZHP » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:33 am

Redthies wrote:

You must have my wife’s twin. While she doesn’t understand the need to have multiple guns that “do the same thing”, she is certainly not against me buying or selling things if the deal makes sense, I usually have a third vehicle around as a project, and usually make money off them so I get some leeway with certain things. Mine has all the attributes of yours (including the reluctance to spend money on herself) but is also a massage therapist at a Four Seasons Hotel. I am one lucky s.o.b!

It always amuses me that women, who usually own multiple pairs of several types of shoes, are the first to ask me why I have so many guns. :roll:
0 x
Aim small, miss small.

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Well, I’m home from my trip, and picked up a box of goodies at the post office today. So far, I’m bummed as my dovetail filler was nowhere near the correct size, and as I tried to remove a bit of material from each side it went “ting” and flew out of my vise and off into who the hell knows where! So 8 minutes in, I’ve got a $35 dent in my Visa, and no filler. Not exactly happy at this point. I emailed Ranger Point to see what they say about how big the thing was. I at least took a pic before I tried to size it. I really want one of their clover leaf peeps for my Marlin, so this will be a good test of customer service. They don’t “owe” me anything for losing it, but the size is WAY wrong, and I phoned to discuss that before they shipped it out, and it was not supposed to require major fitting. At least I got a nifty $35 ziplock to store the factory buckhorn in...

The Skinner Express will go on later tonight, along with the Pioneer lever wrap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:32 am

From the picture it looks like the dovetail filler was for a larger caliber rifle.
Redthies wrote:... the size is WAY wrong, and I phoned to discuss that before they shipped it out, and it was not supposed to require major fitting.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:11 am

That’s what I was thinking. I told the guy at RPP that it was for a .357 Henry. They make two sizes (.45-70 and .30-30 more or less) but made more specifically for Marlins. I suspect I got the wrong size too, but since I can’t find it, I can’t measure it. I’m hoping they send me another in the correct size, and being an optimist, I figure they will throw in a peep for my 1895 GS for my trouble! :?
0 x