Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Spee-D-Loader question

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Spee-D-Loader question

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:23 am

Saw this in an old thread. I've made and used a DIY tube type loader in the past for another lever gun I have, but didn't care much for it. Too awkward/long. I also know about the commercial variety. Is anyone aware of any other designs that are available to rapidly reload the mag tube? Specifically for a centerfire Henry.

BTW, I have an ulterior motive for the question.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

TNman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Spee-D-Loader question

Post by TNman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:59 am

Looks like it would be pretty simple to find a piece of tubing of the correct diameter and length...fill it...then remove the tube plunger completely and dump the rounds in..replace the plunger tube and voila. During my youth .22 galleries at carnivals used that procedure to reload their gallery guns. Those 22 shooting galleries were great fun and the pop pop pop of .22 shorts could be heard and smelled across the carnival grounds.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:05 pm

TNman wrote:Looks like it would be pretty simple to find a piece of tubing of the correct diameter and length...fill it...then remove the tube plunger completely and dump the rounds in..replace the plunger tube and voila. During my youth .22 galleries at carnivals used that procedure to reload their gallery guns. Those 22 shooting galleries were great fun and the pop pop pop of .22 shorts could be heard and smelled across the carnival grounds.
It is, and that's what I did quite a few years ago. Didn't like it, as I said.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Agree. The whole remove the inner tube, set it down, pick up the load tube, load, put the load tube down, pick up the inner tube, insert it is a awkward/cumbersome process. I think there might be rotary loaders out there so that one doesn't need to mess with a long tube type loader.
GunnyGene wrote:Saw this in an old thread. I've made and used a DIY tube type loader in the past for another lever gun I have, but didn't care much for it. Too awkward/long. I also know about the commercial variety. Is anyone aware of any other designs that are available to rapidly reload the mag tube? Specifically for a centerfire Henry.

BTW, I have an ulterior motive for the question.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234