Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Which caliber?

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Which caliber?

Post by Mags » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:04 am

RanchRoper wrote:Don't forget spurs and rope when you get that nice 45 Colt for you and your trusty steed.
The colt is just a fraction of the cost. All the accessorizing and outfitting is where the bulk of the overall cost is at.

Got the colt
need lots of ammo
holster
Bianchi .45 Colt speed strip (update added - inspiration from PT7)
cowboy hat
chaps
boots
spurs
rope
saddle
saddle bags
saddle holster for the Henry
saddle blanket
tack
bed roll
rhinestone bling for the saddle, boots, tack and belt
horse of course
barn for the horse
feed for the horse
room in the barn for you cause your spouse is having none of it :lol:
Last edited by Mags on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Oksrt
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Oksrt » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:39 pm

Vote for the 45 lc. The 41 mag is alot of fun also.
0 x
I love all God's creatures, some are better with gravy.

Usafa71
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Usafa71 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:52 pm

I am a big fan of the 41 magnum, but the 357 makes the most sense economically and fun-wise. I have Ruger handguns in 357, 41 magnum, and 45 Colt/ 45 ACP, and will shortly be getting a BBS in 41 magnum, but I also like the idea of one in 357. But like most on this forum, I will probably end up with one in each caliber. They are contagious!
0 x

Firearmfanatic
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Firearmfanatic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:36 am

All the calibers are great. I myself love and favor the 45LC. The history behind that caliber is a one of kind. One person that knew the 45LC better than anyone was Bat Masterson. The 45LC is a very comfortable and pleasant, fun round to shoot. I have 2 ruger vaqueros in a 45LC both old and new model. I absolutely love them. It's a tough decision. There's nothing like the speed of a .357 and nothing like the power of a 44mag and the for sure the hard hitting stopping power of a 45LC. If your going for cost efficiency since you already have you 357/38 setup. I personally would go with either a 44mag/45LC just to have caliber variety in your Arsenal. I bought my golden boy 44mag earlier this year and i can't wait to try it out here soon. If your going to choose the 45LC I seriously encourage you to look into reloading. Anything in a 45LC is one expensive firearm to feed. It's cheaper to shoot a 44mag than it is to shoot a 45LC. But for me i will always love the 45LC round. Good luck on your decision. You will have a great caliber either way!!!!
1 x