Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry bbs44 no primer strikes

2guns
Cowhand
United States of America

Henry bbs44 no primer strikes

Post by 2guns » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:18 pm

I was at the range today and had about 4-5 charges that firing pin failed to indent primer at all. Ejected and put it back in and it went off. Anyone else had this issue??
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Henry bbs44 no primer strikes

Post by JEBar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:58 pm

sounds like it may be an issue with the transfer bar or firing pin .... either way, I'd suggest that you call Henry customer service on Monday that's the type of problem that they need to be involved in repairing
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 pm

2guns wrote:I was at the range today and had about 4-5 charges that firing pin failed to indent primer at all. Ejected and put it back in and it went off. Anyone else had this issue??
I had the same problem in my H006M a couple of years ago. There's a two piece firing pin in the gun. Henry repaired it and returned it to me in a little more than a week. Call Henry CS on Monday. They'll send a shipping label by email. Keep us posted.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Had something similar with my H009B. I sometimes had the first round after reloading the mag tube fail to go off because of a light strike. This seemed to follow having accidentally forced the first round into the receiver when force closing a jammed inner mag tube. The lever also popped open at the time. Now when reloading I hold the lever closed with my left hand fingers through lever ring gripping the stock neck and being more patient with twist closing the inner mag tube.
2guns wrote:I was at the range today and had about 4-5 charges that firing pin failed to indent primer at all. Ejected and put it back in and it went off. Anyone else had this issue??
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:07 pm

I've found that to happen when I don't "aggressively" use the lever. My Henry likes a firm "handshake" when using it.
0 x

2guns
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 2guns » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:09 am

I wasn't aggressively levering. I was doing some ladder tests with bullets I had cast and was single loading at the bench. I sure hate to send it back again. Just got it back after finding out scope receiver screw holes were stripped. I'm using cci 350 magnum primers under H110 powder. I'll try the lever with more assertion before sending back again. I would hate to have a nice deer in front of me and it go click instead of boom. I don't know if this would be an issue as I've done it for years. I'll load several loads per row in my loading boxes nose down. I drag a different colored sharpie over each row to indicate powder and load. When I was cleaning and checking for any leading I noticed colors over area where firing pin comes out of the bolt. Easy enough to clean with alcohol and a que tip wipe across the face. Have done it in all my rifles for years.
0 x

rwortman
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by rwortman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:00 am

They might not have been sized correctly and therefore didn't seat all the way but that would mean the Henry bolt has a bit of clearance too. It also can be primers not fully seated and the first firing pin hit seated them the rest of the way.
1 x