Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Anti-walk bolts?

cowboyzombie69
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Anti-walk bolts?

Post by cowboyzombie69 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:03 am

So I searched around but can't seem to find an answer. Is there a company that makes anti-walk hardware (screws/bolts) for these lever guns? We put anti-walk pins on AR's but I can't find anything for my H010.

My lever pivot screw and the screw for the butt stock keep working loose even after cleaning, blue loctite and tightening.

What is everyone else's solution to this issue if they are having this problem?

Thanks
0 x
Henry H010 .45-70 Steel

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Anti-walk bolts?

Post by Mags » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:52 am

blue loctite would have been my suggestion. since that didn't work, see if Henry CS has suggestions. Jeff Post: jeff@henryusa.com
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

cowboyzombie69
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by cowboyzombie69 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:42 am

Mags wrote:blue loctite would have been my suggestion. since that didn't work, see if Henry CS has suggestions. Jeff Post: jeff@henryusa.com
Awesome thanks. I just don't want to carry around a screw driver or have my lever fall off out in the field.
0 x
Henry H010 .45-70 Steel

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:10 am

Hopefully that never happens. A lost screw would be more concerning. A lever is big enough to find not so much the screw.

Should probably still carry a screw driver or at least a fine pick of some sort or multi-tool in case there is need to dig out a jammed casing.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

cowboyzombie69
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by cowboyzombie69 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:19 am

Mags wrote:Hopefully that never happens. A lost screw would be more concerning. A lever is big enough to find not so much the screw.

Should probably still carry a screw driver or at least a fine pick of some sort or multi-tool in case there is need to dig out a jammed casing.
Yeah that's my concern. I attached a SOG multi tool to my "go-pack" some time ago and it's come in handy quite a few times. I just don't like having to worry about my firearms when I'm in the middle of nowhere.
0 x
Henry H010 .45-70 Steel

Leonardo
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Leonardo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:21 am

One must clean the oil from the threads for threadlocker to work properly. Both the receiver and the bolt/screw must be clean. I use a wire brush and low heat to remove old threadlocking compound and naptha to remove oils.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Leonardo wrote:One must clean the oil from the threads for threadlocker to work properly. Both the receiver and the bolt/screw must be clean. I use a wire brush and low heat to remove old threadlocking compound and naptha to remove oils.
Good point.
0 x