Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

H010 and H009 Magazine Tube Diameter Change?

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: H010 and H009 Magazine Tube Diameter Change?

Post by GFK » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Mags wrote:GFK, I partly disagree. Henry can control somewhat by communicating their changes. It would be nice, when Henrys makes design changes, that they published them in tech bulletins on their website so that accessory suppliers that sell complementary accessories knew of the changes. If a accessory supplier screws up from there, then yes that supplier can be held accountable. I will be making the tech bulletin suggestion to Henrys suggestion box. No offense to Henrys, but the limited number of accessories Henrys offer do not cover much. Why I had to shop elsewhere.

If interested, I finally finished posting my story under the No-Drill Sling topic (url above).

No goodies from Henrys. I don't send my physical mailing address out over email. I offered to share it with them through their 'Contact Us' web page but was told that was managed by a different dept. So I guess the depts can't share or forward information between each other. Typical company growth pains.
Interesting and understood. The communication might be better if Henry was getting something out of the deal. From what I can observe, Henry is not profiting from communicating their changes. But, the ones who are making products from them are. Henry may try to take care of their customers. However, it probably wants to make a profit out of the deal. Just a thought.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Agree with that. I hope Henrys recognizes that accessory complimentary products by others draw attention and helps promote the rifles they sell.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

bobtodrick
Tenderfoot
Canada

Post by bobtodrick » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Mags wrote:GFK, I partly disagree. Henry can control somewhat by communicating their changes. It would be nice, when Henrys makes design changes, that they published them in tech bulletins on their website so that accessory suppliers that sell complementary accessories knew of the changes. If a accessory supplier screws up from there, then yes that supplier can be held accountable. I will be making the tech bulletin suggestion to Henrys suggestion box. No offense to Henrys, but the limited number of accessories Henrys offer do not cover much. Why I had to shop elsewhere.

If interested, I finally finished posting my story under the No-Drill Sling topic (url above).

No goodies from Henrys. I don't send my physical mailing address out over email. I offered to share it with them through their 'Contact Us' web page but was told that was managed by a different dept. So I guess the depts can't share or forward information between each other. Typical company growth pains.
And I have to partly disagree. It is pretty common for manufactures to not release this kind of info...everything from firearms to cameras to whatever.
Henry makes slings...not exactly like the one you have...but they make slings. They want you to buy there's, not someone else's.
If an accessory manufacturer wants to make a product that takes sales of something (slings in this case) that possibly takes sales away from Henry...it's up to the accessory manufacturer to find be aware of upgrades needed.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:30 pm

One could hope that Henrys would be open minded about accessories provided by others, especially those that are complementary and help promote the beauty of of Henry firearms. Henry's accessory store doesn't offer much. Really, a kind of side business offering a small limited one stop convenience store.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234