Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New H006 rifle issue

Thevolkp
Tenderfoot
United States of America

New H006 rifle issue

Post by Thevolkp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Just looking for some guidance. I have a new henry big boy. 44 Mag. So pretty. When replacing the lever with the large lever even so easy, it didn't go that way. I was able to get it to work out pretty easily. What happened though the the bolt pulled all the way out that I could remove it. I put it back in and everything worked out fine. Today I went to shoot it. Loaded up the tube and the gun shot as it should. The problem that I had was that the gun would not eject any casing. Just wondering where I should start. I don't have a problem with tearing it down to get to the extractor or ejector. Any advice?
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: New H006 rifle issue

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT, and congratulations on your new Henry.

When the bolt is removed, the tiny ejector spring that sits behind it can easily be dislodged, even lost. Is it still in place and properly seated? Check that first. Keep us posted.
3 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

flat_topp
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by flat_topp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:53 pm

The Henry "reassembly" instructional video shows a picture of your likely missing ejector and where it goes in the receiver. I hope you can find the missing ejector without too much effort!

https://www.henryusa.com/henry-instruct ... -boy-h006/
2 x
H012M Big Boy Steel .357Mag/.38Spl
NRA, ISRA

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 pm

CT shooter and Flattop nailed it. Take a look at the work area where you pulled the bolt out.
It's there somewhere. Good luck, hope you turn it up. I'm sure you can order a replacement from Henry for a nominal fee if you can't. (Looks sorta like a black hairpin.)
1 x

Thevolkp
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Thevolkp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:19 am

Feel better today. This morning I pulled out the bolt. Guess what was missing? So I looked around for 10 minutes and under my workbench there layed the ejector. Put it back in and all is working properly. Thanks all for the help.
5 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:12 am

Great job, Henry Folk, in getting Thevolkp back together again!! ;)
4 x

~Пока~

flat_topp
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by flat_topp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:35 am

Thevolkp wrote:Feel better today. This morning I pulled out the bolt. Guess what was missing? So I looked around for 10 minutes and under my workbench there layed the ejector. Put it back in and all is working properly. Thanks all for the help.
You are welcome. Only 10 minutes ... you've got a good eye! Glad to hear you are back in business. Thanks for the update.
4 x
H012M Big Boy Steel .357Mag/.38Spl
NRA, ISRA

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:40 pm

flat_topp wrote:
Thevolkp wrote:Feel better today. This morning I pulled out the bolt. Guess what was missing? So I looked around for 10 minutes and under my workbench there layed the ejector. Put it back in and all is working properly. Thanks all for the help.
You are welcome. Only 10 minutes ... you've got a good eye! Glad to hear you are back in business. Thanks for the update.
10 minutes is good. First time I took my Beretta apart for a deep cleaning a spring went flying and I spent over an hour looking for it, I now have spares for the springs most likely to be lost.
1 x