Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

H012MCC The "Unicorn" Of Henry Rifles

PTR
Tenderfoot
United States of America

H012MCC The "Unicorn" Of Henry Rifles

Post by PTR » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:01 pm

My apologies if this has been addressed in previous topics, I'm new to the forum.

So, Henry has finally come out (allegedly) with a color case .357. I say allegedly because I can't prove they exist. I've contacted every Henry dealer within 100 miles, called Lipsey's looking for a contact, looked at over 100 on-line gun dealers, e-mailed Henry (no reply) and even called Henry last Monday (4/2/18), was told someone would call me back in "24 hours", still waiting...

I'd love to get one of these for my son, but can't find one. At this point I'm afraid that if one were to miraculously appear I'd have to take out a second mortgage to get it. The local shops price it at $730.00, MSRP is >$1000.00.

Does anyone out there know where these are? Has there been a sighting?

If this truly is a mythical creature I need to know sooner than later so I can move on to my son's second place finisher (Uberti).

Thanks all for any help. The quest continues.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: H012MCC The "Unicorn" Of Henry Rifles

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:15 pm

PTR wrote: So, Henry has finally come out (allegedly) with a color case .357. I say allegedly because I can't prove they exist. I've contacted every Henry dealer within 100 miles, called Lipsey's looking for a contact, looked at over 100 on-line gun dealers, e-mailed Henry (no reply) and even called Henry last Monday (4/2/18), was told someone would call me back in "24 hours", still waiting...
Welcome to the forum from CT. The case hardened Big Boy rifle and carbine are new. Other new Henry products took quite a while to get into the marketplace. You might call Henry again and ask for Customer Service. They may be able to give you advanced notice on which dealers will get them first.

They're beautiful. Good luck.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Try contacting the president of the company.
It worked for me when I couldn't find a Big Boy steel in .327fedmag.

http://www.henryusa.com/find-a-henry.

This will send an email directly to Mr. Anthony Imperato.
You will be asked which specific model you are having trouble locating, the name and contact information for your preferred FFL, and if it goes like mine did, they'll ask the name of your FFL's preferred distributor.
Mr. Imperato will then assign a rep to assist your FFL in locating the exact rifle you desire.
Easy as can be, except for the waiting part.

You're welcome.
0 x

PTR
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by PTR » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Gentlemen,
Thanks so much for the quick replies!

Mgderf,
If you don't mind me asking, what were you shopping for (I ask to see if it was a rare piece or mass produced like the one I'm looking for) and how long was the wait (my son graduates at the end of May and birthday is at the end of August....)?

Thanks again
0 x

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:33 pm

I was after one of the first run of .327 fedmags.
I was bound and determined to get one FROM THE FIRST RUN!
I ended up with a serial number under 120!

It took only as long as it did for them to start shipping.
They announced a release date, then pushed it back a month due to production issues, then pushed the date back again, and yet again...

They were having problems getting .32H&R magnum to feed properly, so it took some tweeking.
Once they started to ship, mine was out in less than a week.

Give the form I referenced above a shot.
I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Henry customer service is second to none.
1 x

PTR
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by PTR » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Mgderf,
So, I just clicked on the link you sent me. That's the form I've already filled out twice, no luck there.

I'm glad you were successful using it but I'm starting to think that once they saw the model I was looking for my e-mail got tossed.

The quest continues.

Thanks again.
0 x

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:48 pm

I would try it again, and again, and even call customer service.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:00 am

Ive seen the 44 and the 45 in both versions for sale on Gunbroker. But I have yet to run across the 357. I wanted the carbine version of one but I ran out of patience and went and bought a Uberti 1873 Trapper model 357. Ya its more dollars but its a very nice gun and it shoots lights out. I love the gun. I may still get a Henry but it will be down the road. I would have thought the 357 would have hit the streets first as I think it will jump off the shelves. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:48 am

OP,

FIrst, welcome to the Forum from the Show-Me-State.

Yes, a Henry CCH .357 BB would be a really cool Henry rifle to own. Since you noted you're having difficulty getting an answer, I'd suggest you directly contact Anthony Imperato, the Henry President, with your inquiry. He will provide an answer to you....he has promised your complete satisfaction as a Henry customer.

Over the years, I've found that manufacturers (of most all products, not only firearms) too often do not have their "launch" of a new product happen at the time they hope to. Seems to be the nature of the beast. If I really loved the thought of having a Henry CCH .357 BB, as you've said you do, I'd contact Imperato and stick it through until the day you open your NIB Henry rifle.

Best in your quest! :)
PT7

PTR wrote:My apologies if this has been addressed in previous topics, I'm new to the forum.

So, Henry has finally come out (allegedly) with a color case .357. I say allegedly because I can't prove they exist. I've contacted every Henry dealer within 100 miles, called Lipsey's looking for a contact, looked at over 100 on-line gun dealers, e-mailed Henry (no reply) and even called Henry last Monday (4/2/18), was told someone would call me back in "24 hours", still waiting...

I'd love to get one of these for my son, but can't find one. At this point I'm afraid that if one were to miraculously appear I'd have to take out a second mortgage to get it. The local shops price it at $730.00, MSRP is >$1000.00.

Does anyone out there know where these are? Has there been a sighting?

If this truly is a mythical creature I need to know sooner than later so I can move on to my son's second place finisher (Uberti).

Thanks all for any help. The quest continues.
0 x

~Пока~

PTR
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by PTR » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:42 pm

All,
Thanks for the advice, wisdom and wishes of good luck.

After more unanswered e-mail from Henry I'm moving on to a different brand. I'm glad you all had good luck with their customer service, mine wasn't just bad, it was non-existent. I guess plenty of other firearm companies out there will take my money.

Shoot straight.

Todd
2 x