Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Loose bolts..

Oksrt
Cowhand
United States of America

Loose bolts..

Post by Oksrt » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Has anybody had a problem with action screws coming loose on a BBS? I have had issues with buttstock screw backing out, had to loctite it, so far so good. My shooting buddy has had action screws loosening.
0 x
I love all God's creatures, some are better with gravy.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Loose bolts..

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:22 pm

we've had a few work loose and have found that Purple Low Strength Thread Locker .... over the years we've found it works really well with small screws like those used to mount scopes ... while it does hold, it is easy to remove screws when needed
1 x

ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Re: Loose bolts..

Post by ruhler » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:25 am

basicilly every screw work loose on my Henry BB after a while not so much on the reciever, I just retighten them when doing some guncleaning. Worst is buttstock screw and barrelbandscrews, the screws on the barrelband gets loose with the swingswivel and whole forestock is loose after some rounds. I tried loctite with little to no success it became a little better but screws where still backing out when tighten the screws the barrelband got lower than the wood. The "nut" under the barrelband felt to short giving to much room between so when tighten the screws it became with tension like a spring. After some shooting recoil/heat made the screws work itself out. So yesterday I added a small spacer (washer) under the barrelband added loctite to the screws and now its tighter feels like its stiff when tightening the screws and its a much better fit to the wood I think it will be solved now.

I will probably add loctite on buttstock screw aswell. I use blue loctite.
0 x