Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

All Weather Rough Lever and bolt freeze

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: All Weather Rough Lever and bolt freeze

Post by Mistered » Sun May 06, 2018 11:11 am

I well understand the advantages of having a firearm designed and built with use in bad weather
So do I and I also understand the mechanics of firearms and know the addition of certain 'coatings' on metal parts to 'protect' them from the elements can lead to more problems than they will ever prevent, that being weather protection, which is not so much of a problem as one might think and can be prevented on 'standard' guns by nothing more than attention to detail while cleaning a gun that has been subjected to adverse weather conditions. I have owned many guns that have been subjected to all manner of weather and still function as good as, or better than new due to diligent maintenance & cleaning. Most guns are never out in bad weather so much that good, basic maintenance will keep them free of weather related problems. I would much rather have a smooth, properly functioning gun as opposed to one that might have potential problems due to additional coatings or other materials added to solve a problem that doesn't really exist.
0 x