Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry Long Ranger

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Henry Long Ranger

Post by Mistered » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:00 pm

I had the opportunity to handle a Long Ranger today while on a short business trip out of town. Better than I expected from the pictures. It was very well balanced and fit me very nicely. Very nice wood and fit and finish. IF it were something I REALLY wanted I would choose one!
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Henry Long Ranger

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:43 pm

that is good to hear .... I'd love to be able to have an opportunity for a direct comparison between a Henry Long Ranger and our Browning BLR
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:54 pm

While the Long Ranger looked like a very nice gun there are some instances I MIGHT choose a particular style of ORIGINAL rifle over a Henry and for no other reason than the potential value and what I might be able to get it for - and a BLR might be an example of that. Another will be a 30-30 Winchester caliber rifle - In this case I own three Winchesters and feel if the average person IS looking for a 30-30 a Winchester or Marlin might be a better value due to the amount there are available. Now if a .357 rifle is wanted then the Henry IS the much better value both in price and availability over say a Marlin or Winchester - and the Henry is the better .357 than the Winchester. I hope all this makes sense.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 pm

we have a Winchester Model 94 that was built in 1941 .... like our other firearms, it isn't fancy collector's item .... it was and still is a mass produced rifle that is highly unlikely to ever be in short supply on the open market .... of course, the exception could be that it is part of some limited production, special edition model .... our BLR was Belgium made which might add a bit to its market value .... both of those rifles are priceless to us but not so much to anyone looking for something special
0 x

crburb1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by crburb1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:04 pm

My son has been looking at this rifle. Do you know if Henry makes a box clip that is larger than 4 rounds for the Long Ranger?
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:04 pm

They don't show such a magazine on their parts site, I happened to notice that they had them while looking at other stuff. A larger clip would have to extend below the receiver, so I'd be surprised if there'd be much demand, as it would affect the rifle's carry, in my opinion.
0 x