Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New BBS

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: New BBS

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:45 am

I’m sure it’ll get fixed. I saw a new big boy steel at a gun shop this past weekend and it had the same issue with the wood to metal fitting. I wonder what’s going on? Is this a new issue? I hope they correct it soon.
0 x

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Well the rifle is on its way back from Henry. Good thing I called because they had already send it but didn’t let me know that it on its way. The rifle is stuck in Minnesota due to wether. I’ll report back when I get it. Hopefully it won’t take long.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:01 pm

Good for you. From what I understand, an e-mail address is required for notification which I suspect you provided. Who knows, someone may be very busy.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:48 am

Yeah I don’t hold it against them. They probably are very busy with all the rifles they sold as Christmas gifts. I’m sure out of all those there were a few that weren’t up to par. It happens with every company.
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:00 am

Hidden Mortimer wrote:Yeah I don’t hold it against them. They probably are very busy with all the rifles they sold as Christmas gifts. I’m sure out of all those there were a few that weren’t up to par. It happens with every company.
I can agree.
0 x

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:03 pm

Got my henry back today. It was only gone for about two weeks so the turn around was really good. But aside from that, I must say that I’m a little disappointed. While they did fix the foregrip play, the rear stock fit is still not very good. Judge for yourselves on the pictures. The fit on the tangs is a little better but on the left side it looks worse than it used to.

Also the swivel stud is not indexed right. I fixed that by turning it back a little so I hope that it’s not too loose now. It reminds me of the remlin made in 2015 I used to have. The swivel stud looked the same on that one but at least the fit of the wood looked better than on the Henry. As far as the scratches on the brass goes, I posted a pic of a dummy round I cycled through, you can see a small scratch on the lead and the brass plus some streaks going up and down. I don’t know if that’s a big deal. I don’t want to send it back again so I think I’m going have to ignore the flaws and just shoot it. I heven’t shot it yet. We’ll see how that goes on Thursday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:15 pm

Hidden Mortimer wrote:Got my henry back today... the rear stock fit is still not very good. Judge for yourselves on the pictures. The fit on the tangs is a little better but on the left side it looks worse than it used to. ...Also the swivel stud is not indexed right.
From what I can see from these photos, I agree with you. I suggest calling HRA CS again, if for no other reason than to document your latest concerns, and then I'd send them these photos as evidence. Keep us posted.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 pm

There's no way I would accept the way that stock fits. It looks especially bad in photo with the trigger. Hopefully Mr. Imperato will be available to email soon, since they've already worked on the fit once I think I would like him to see that photo.
0 x

JNG3
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JNG3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:05 am

My stock fit is not 'perfect' either on my BBS. Not as bad as that though. We tend to forget these are not custom rifles. They are mass produced. However I would have complained to CS about your rifle if it had been mine. Looks to me the replacement is worse than the original! That's what would really bother me! Am I seeing things, looks like the original was a big loop and the replacement is a regular loop lever?
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:39 am

JNG3 wrote:My stock fit is not 'perfect' either on my BBS. Not as bad as that though. We tend to forget these are not custom rifles. They are mass produced. However I would have complained to CS about your rifle if it had been mine. Looks to me the replacement is worse than the original! That's what would really bother me! Am I seeing things, looks like the original was a big loop and the replacement is a regular loop lever?
Yes, I tend to agree with that we forget they mass produced. I would hope for the tolerance to be closer though. But not putting a Big Loop on a Big Loop gun, I guess someone must have been working overtime. Good catch. I guess that might support the notion of Henry may be stretched a little thin. But, the loop may be a easy replacement. Who knows, you may be sent a replacement stock that may fix fine also.
0 x