Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Rifle in .327 Federal

Frontiersman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Rifle in .327 Federal

Post by Frontiersman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:48 pm

I actually bought one "used" today. Surely I must be the first. The PO had second thoughts after his order came in. He never even fired it. It was still in the box with all the tags, etc. So I saved a few bucks.

Further report to follow.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:12 pm

congrats indeed .... looking forward to your reports ...be sure to go to our How Many ? thread (link below) and add it to our community total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 710#p45710
0 x

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Well, color me impressed.
Tomorrow I will have had my Henry Big Boy .327 for one month.
While I haven't had near the range time opportunities I'd hoped for in this time, I'm still impressed with the rifle, but I had expected to be exactly that.

The rifle itself is not the reason for this post, rather the customer service.
When I first learned of the .327's being produced, I wanted one, NOW!

I was worried sick that these would be released and sold out before I could locate one, so I contacted customer service.
I was advised to email Mr. Anthony Imperato. He would see to it that my FFL received one from the first run.
I waited, and waited. The release date was pushed back, and then again, and again.

Then one day while perusing GunBroker I saw my rifle for sale, but at a considerably higher cost than I was promised through my FFL.
I thought, O.K., they're out, but no notice of mine...
Nervous again about missing the boat, I called customer service again.
I was told mine would ship in a week or two.

The waiting was excruciating, but the call finally came that it had shipped.
A couple of days later I had it in hand.

Flash forward to today, and Davison's Gun Genie still does not have their shipment.
There are, from time to time, a couple on GunBroker now and again, but it seems the .327's are still something of a unicorn in the wild.
Ill have my new Henry out again this weekend, and I'm feeling luckier every day that I already have mine, and I got it at my promised price.

A HUGE Thank You again, to Mr. Anthony Imperato, and to Dee in Rice Lake, for all your help in ensuring that I got the rifle I was looking for.
That has to be the epitome of customer service.
3 x

Frontiersman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Frontiersman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Henry .327.jpg
I put 100 rounds of .32 H&R through it today. It functions flawlessly.

Well Done Henry!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

huntlee
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by huntlee » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:29 pm

I finally got my BBS carbine in 327 FED. Great looking gun! Fit and finish is also great, just like my other four Henrys,BBS45colt,GB22lr,Lever 22mag and octagon pump 22lr. Have not shot yet but will tomorrow. I loaded and cycled the action with 327 FED and 32H&R several times without any hangups. I think I may order a peep and globe site set from skinner and Lyman just to try something different. I hope it is accurate with the Federal American Eagle 85gn ammo I just bought. with Federals current rebate offer I got it for $15/box of 50! I already have a Ruger SP101 4"bl in 327FED that is a great gun also. I, too, had trouble just getting a LGS to order this for me. I called Henry and Teresa set up a shipment for me through BassPro. This process took about 4 weeks and $719+tax. It was worth the wait.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:40 pm

huntlee wrote:I finally got my BBS carbine in 327 FED. Great looking gun! Fit and finish is also great, just like my other four Henrys,BBS45colt,GB22lr,Lever 22mag and octagon pump 22lr. Have not shot yet but will tomorrow. I loaded and cycled the action with 327 FED and 32H&R several times without any hangups. I think I may order a peep and globe site set from skinner and Lyman just to try something different. I hope it is accurate with the Federal American Eagle 85gn ammo I just bought. with Federals current rebate offer I got it for $15/box of 50! I already have a Ruger SP101 4"bl in 327FED that is a great gun also. I, too, had trouble just getting a LGS to order this for me. I called Henry and Teresa set up a shipment for me through BassPro. This process took about 4 weeks and $719+tax. It was worth the wait.
congrats on your 327 and the rest of your Henry collection .... I'm looking forward to your range and use reports .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your collection to our community total
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:20 pm

I hope this isn't considered Off Topic....

Has anyone thought about testing the 50 gr Lehigh Extreme Penetrator out of a Henry? They are good for up to 4000 fps and should be realy potent and flat shooting out of a long barrel. One reviewer got over 2200 fp out of his SP 101 4.2 inch barrel, and he reports the gel damage was impressive.

https://www.lehighdefense.com/collectio ... 3336852996

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 7#p2601547

If nothing else, I bet they would be great fun for blowing up solid targets like frozen water bottles...

Thanks,

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

disophisis
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by disophisis » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Has anyone fired 32s&w long or short in their 327 henry yet? I noticed on their site they specified it was chambered for 327 federal and 32 HR. I emailed them and asked them if it would chamber and fire either of the 32 smith cartridges and Thomas Kotz emailed me back:
Thank you for your interest. That model is chambered for , and intended to be used with, .327 Fed Mag and .32 H&R ammunition only.

Best Regards,
Tom
I assume unofficially it will still fire the two 32 smith cartridges without any trouble?
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT. You may want to experiment with different ammo out of curiosity, but I would trust the answer from Tom Kotz to be the definitive word on what HRA will support.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:53 pm

disophisis wrote:Has anyone fired 32s&w long or short in their 327 henry yet? I noticed on their site they specified it was chambered for 327 federal and 32 HR. I emailed them and asked them if it would chamber and fire either of the 32 smith cartridges and Thomas Kotz emailed me back:
Thank you for your interest. That model is chambered for , and intended to be used with, .327 Fed Mag and .32 H&R ammunition only.

Best Regards,
Tom
I assume unofficially it will still fire the two 32 smith cartridges without any trouble?
I have run no less than 150 rounds of .32S&W long through my new Henry without a hiccup.
They cycle, feed, and fire just like the H&R mags, but they almost sound suppressed.
Seriously, you can shoot .32S&W long without hearing protection and your ears don't even ring after the shots.

I ran the 98gr Aquila LRN .32S&W with great accuracy too. Zero recoil and almost no report.
These would be great bunny-rollin' rounds.
1 x