Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Model X Comb raiser: weird foam shape

rhodesengr
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Model X Comb raiser: weird foam shape

Post by rhodesengr » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:27 pm

I just bought the comb raising kit for the Model X from the Henrypride site. The shape of the foam inserts is unexpected and I am not sure how to use them. This shows what I received.
henry Model X comb.jpg
The shape of the foam pieces do not match the instructions or other images on the Beartooth site. Anyone know how these are supposed to be used? The other online images show roughly oval shaped foam pieces that simply sit on top of the stock. I don't see how this shape foam is supposed to be used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Model X 357, S&W 686 Competitor, Citori 725 Trap Max, CZ97B, CZ 75 SP01, and some others

Gault
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Model X Comb raiser: weird foam shape

Post by Gault » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:19 pm

I would use it to mimic a Monte Carlo style stock. If you are right handed, place the curve down on the left of the stock under the cover.
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:20 pm

The issue with putting any padding on the side is that it forces your cheek and dominant eye away from the line of sight through the scope. That may or may not be a problem, depending on the shape of your face. Foam on top simply lifts your cheek a little without displacing it laterally.

I quite like those Beartooth pads, They are excellent.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:50 pm

rhodesengr wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:27 pm
I just bought the comb raising kit ...
Are all the pads in the kit shaped like that? The one in the picture looks like shipping foam put inside the sleeve.

I know the Henry Pride online store is currently closed. But try asking them via these contacts.

Henry Pride Customer Service (844) 451-1899
Allison Sniegos - allison@henryusa.com
Tracey Ferry - tracey@henryusa.com
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

rhodesengr
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by rhodesengr » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:40 pm

Mags wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:50 pm
rhodesengr wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:27 pm
I just bought the comb raising kit ...
Are all the pads in the kit shaped like that? The one in the picture looks like shipping foam put inside the sleeve.
yes they are all like that. Three different thicknesses. I did try contacting Beartooth CS by email and phone. They never answer their phone and no response to the email. Since they make the product I figure they would know.

Thanks for the Henry contacts I will try them, definitely.

I do want to figure out what the deal is with the weird shape but I already ordered another kit from Midway just to get the regular shape pads.
0 x
Model X 357, S&W 686 Competitor, Citori 725 Trap Max, CZ97B, CZ 75 SP01, and some others

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:58 pm

That foam is supposed to go under an outer sleeve. Did you not receive the sleeve?
The foam rolls slightly over the stock and then the stretchable fabric sleeve goes over it.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:02 pm

I checked the install instructions on the Beartooth site.
This may be a new design they came up with but have not updated the images on their site or packaging. The way I would install this is with the narrow end forward and overlap the top of the stock at least an inch over onto the right side of the stock. Keep that straight line on that side all the way to the butt. If I found a sweet spot on the stock where I needed more height I would use one of the pads to cut a smaller pad oval shaped and large enough t get a good cheek rest. Then peel the cover back and add it where needed.
I think the beauty of this design is that it is adjustable.
I would also contact Beartooth for clarification on the difference between the online images and the contents of the kit.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

rhodesengr
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by rhodesengr » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:44 am

markiver54 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:58 pm
That foam is supposed to go under an outer sleeve. Did you not receive the sleeve?
The foam rolls slightly over the stock and then the stretchable fabric sleeve goes over it.
yes I received the outer sleeve but the issue is the shape of foam pads. Here is a photos from the beartooth site of the "normal" foam pads.
standard pads.jpg
It is clear how to use them. They simply go on top of the stock under the sleeve. The pads I received are obviously very different and I have no idea how they are intended to be installed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

rhodesengr
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by rhodesengr » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:46 am

RetiredSeabee wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:02 pm
I would also contact Beartooth for clarification on the difference between the online images and the contents of the kit.
I've tried. I sent them an email with the same picture but no response. I also tried calling but they never answer their phone. I've left several messages.
0 x