Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry Lever action rifle availability

391henry
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Henry Lever action rifle availability

Post by 391henry » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:49 am

I am looking for a Henry long ranger express but everything is backordered. Does anyone have a clue as to why the scarcity of these guns?

thanks
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Henry Lever action rifle availability

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:08 pm

There is some on Gunbroker. Im not sure how bad you want one but at 1500.00 for one Im in the pass mode. As far as why the short supply that could be from the entire current problem. Supply chain for everything is bad.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:21 pm

391henry wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:49 am
I am looking for a Henry long ranger express but everything is backordered. Does anyone have a clue as to why the scarcity of these guns?

thanks
Scarcity is what it is. Be diligent about checking though as you might miss an opportunity when one pops up. I missed once and it was about 6 months before another one came around.

Welcome to the forum.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

XJP5
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by XJP5 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:09 pm

The reason is because Henry manufactures only specific models each quarter, and demand is high (or so I was told by my dealer). I waited about 8 months until my dealer was able to order and obtain my H012GCC (.44M). It just depends on how long you're willing to wait. I paid under Henry MSRP for a new model and wasn't willing to pay some of the insane prices places were selling them for. Keep your online search working for you on a daily basis and you'll find what you're looking for. Be ready to act quickly when you find the model online. They will not last long. There are some very good Henry dealers out there. Good hunting!
2 x
Henry Big Boy Color-Case Hardened Side Gate: Model H012GCC
20" Octagon Blued Steel
10 rounds (.44 Magnum/ .44 Special)
Link: https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy ... side-gate/

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:05 pm

Here is one of several I found on Guns International. Check for caliber you want. https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =102375682

I have bought several guns on this site and no issues and found some good hard to find items and found my new to me 410 shooter on here last week!
0 x

PJM
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by PJM » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:43 am

look for the Browning version, which Henry copied, and some will argue not too well. It is also less money.
1 x

Charlie
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Charlie » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:05 am

I don't know... I was originally looking for an X in 30-30. None to be had. Not even in brass at the time. I did find an X in .45 Colt. Which is fine because I already shoot.45 Colt in my Blackhawk. No regrets! Love the rifle.
I am really interested in a Henry 30-30 case hardened. I have seen out of stock no backorder so many times, I see it in my dreams.
Same thing with my new order. I was looking for the pump 22 in .22LR. None to be had.
They did have the.22WMR. I bought it.
1 x

Handloader
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Handloader » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:01 pm

The Kittery Trading Post has one in stock. I make a trip to Maine a few times a year for 40 years and they are my go to.
https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/shoo ... =0#start=1
1 x
Semper Paratus (Always Ready) Semper Gumby (Always Flexible)

SargeRN
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SargeRN » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:09 am

Handloader, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I had been looking for a Henry case-hardened rifle in .357/.38 Special for literally a month or more! I read your post about Kittery Trading Post, called them they had the rifle I'd been looking for! Ordered it, got the FFL taken care of and hopefully I'll see that it has been shipped tomorrow!
Sarge
1 x
I was a soldier, I am a soldier, I will always be a soldier..

Handloader
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Handloader » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:13 am

SargeRN wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:09 am
Handloader, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I had been looking for a Henry case-hardened rifle in .357/.38 Special for literally a month or more! I read your post about Kittery Trading Post, called them they had the rifle I'd been looking for! Ordered it, got the FFL taken care of and hopefully I'll see that it has been shipped tomorrow!
Sarge
Gald to be of assistance and sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.
1 x
Semper Paratus (Always Ready) Semper Gumby (Always Flexible)