Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bugs

All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Bugs

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:38 am

we moved into our current home in 1978 .... since then we've not had any pest control problems that required us to call an exterminator .... well that ended a couple of weeks ago when over the course of 4 days we saw 3 bugs ... no clue what type of bug but they were big ones .... one of my wife's brothers runs his own pest control company in Minnesota so she called him for advice .... as a result we called a local company who came out and treated our home .... we were to told to anticipate seeing some dead bugs for the next few days, sure hope so .... we've signed up for a quarterly program for them to come back .... with us gone over half of each year, we don't want to give the critters an opportunity to come in and setup shop before we could stop them
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Bugs

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:26 am

Big bugs reminds me of going to Grandmas when I was a kid. She lived in Tucson. Those big ole June Bugs and Cock roaches were some big bugs. When one would hit the windshield you would think you were shot.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:03 pm

We have been using Terminix quarterly for several years at the cabin. Has worked fairly well, except for spiders. They told us, up front, they could not control spiders. They even treat inside and outside, but still get all kinds of spiders.
The stink bugs were terrible outside this year!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:26 pm

understood on the impact of a big bug, I remember getting hit in the chest back when I road a bike .... sounded like a 22 going off when one would hit my helmet
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:45 pm

When I was younger I went to Sturgis one year on the road bike. Had my jacket part way open at the top. Got one of those nasty mad yellow jackets down in my shirt and he stung me in the chest. I guess I made him mad.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Many years ago when out kids were in elementary school, we were coming back from camping trip. Had the driver side window rolled down in the suburban. A yellow jacket ricocheted off the side mirror and smacked our oldest son in the cheek. Stung him. One tough yellow jacket to survive a freeway speed impact with the mirror and still sting someone.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Just this summer when shooting one afternoon with Wingnut I am lifting a rifle to my cheek and didn't realize a yellow jacket was on the stock - or my cheek - and pressed the stock to my cheek....
When I was younger I went to Sturgis one year on the road bike.
Similar experience.
While riding with a friend I was cruising down the road when a bee somehow got into my helmet ear pad!
By the time I got pulled over and the helmet off it had stung me on the ear several times.
I spent the rest of the weekend with a swollen, 'cauliflower' ear!
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:00 pm

Mags wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:34 pm
Many years ago when out kids were in elementary school, we were coming back from camping trip. Had the driver side window rolled down in the suburban. A yellow jacket ricocheted off the side mirror and smacked our oldest son in the cheek. Stung him. One tough yellow jacket to survive a freeway speed impact with the mirror and still sting someone.
Those things have a MEAN sting for their size! Have been allergic all my life. the only bummer at summer for me. :x
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:04 pm

Have been allergic all my life.
Do you carry an EpiPen?
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal