Letting Go Of Things

All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Letting Go Of Things

Post by Catherine » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:53 am

PS:

If a single person or a couple go through their STUFF over the months and years on a regular basis... it makes it much simpler for them as they AGE, DOWNSIZE, MOVE OR HAVE A LIFE CHANGING EVENT.

Cate
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Catherine wrote:PS:

If a single person or a couple go through their STUFF over the months and years on a regular basis... it makes it much simpler for them as they AGE, DOWNSIZE, MOVE OR HAVE A LIFE CHANGING EVENT.

Cate
Now you tell me. :D
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:48 pm

I sometimes wake up in a panic over letting things go. Not the letting go part itself, but that I'm not doing it fast enough. I get started and keep encountering 'I might be able to use that for some adhoc fix or repair someday'. Mentally I recognize there aren't that many somedays left, so force the 'let go' until my brain hurts with the effort. If I don't get it done, someone is going to inherit something close to a well stocked, but disorganized hardware store.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:16 pm

My biggest fear is throwing everything away and then waking up one day to think “what have I done”. But people tell me that doesn’t happen.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:02 pm

That is certainly reassuring! Thanks for sharing that point.
I have had a few one off incidents where 'someday came' and I needed a piece of something I had gotten rid of. That's ok when it's a piece now then. Oops oh well missed on that one.
Sir Henry wrote:My biggest fear is throwing everything away and then waking up one day to think “what have I done”. But people tell me that doesn’t happen.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234