All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Big mess cleaned up

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:07 am

graywolf wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:55 am
Would be nice if you could have cows, goats or something to keep it eat down.
That would work great as it appears the pasture is sub irrigated and even this late in the summer is still very green. Plus a creek runs thru it so water is plentiful for animal drinking. But since we don’t live here the only way that would work would be to lease it.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:09 pm

Do you have any problems with trespassers or vandalism on the property? Any close by neighbors to keep watch?
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:17 pm

dave77 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:09 pm
Do you have any problems with trespassers or vandalism on the property? Any close by neighbors to keep watch?
Only one time, had a break-in in the shop. The burglars went thru the stuff and had it staged at the door probably to come back with a truck and load it up. They had walked in. Thankfully that night there was a big dump of snow that probably discouraged them from returning. I have a locked gate but a simple snip with bolt cutters on the chain would defeat that. The guy who lives across the road keeps an eye on it for us and he was the one who spotted the break-in. He walks down to his gate (directly across the road from ours) every morning and afternoon and that morning he noticed the sliding door was open about a foot. He called me and I went up and we snowshoed up the driveway to get to the building. Later that winter when I was able to drive in I added two deadbolts to the door and re-in-forced the strike plates with angle iron.

I got the message and cleared out most of the stuff I had stored there. Now I only keep the John Deere mower, a box of hand tools and some garden type tools there. Nothing of great value.
0 x