All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Propane Tank

Post by GeoBoy » Sat May 20, 2023 7:52 pm

Mags wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:23 am
Propane is also non polluting. With a properly tuned flame - heat, carbon dioxide and water.
All fossil fuels pollute.
Propane Emissions
Propane is a relatively clean-burning fuel, which is attributed to its lower carbon content. However, its combustion does produce wastes, such as particulate matter, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, greenhouse gas, methane and non-methane overall organic carbon. Because propane is a low-carbon fuel, using it to replace conventional fuels could cause significant reductions in harmful emissions. For example, the Argonne National Laboratory has estimated that converting a vehicle from using conventional fuels to propane could reduce greenhouse gas emissions by almost 10 percent.
Last edited by GeoBoy on Mon May 22, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sat May 20, 2023 8:25 pm

Producing electric with generators pollutes. Making solar panels pollutes. Making wind generators pollutes. Because we use fossil fuels to produce these things. Nuclear plants produce hazardous waste that will last hundreds or possibly thousands of years. Some fuels pollute less than others.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun May 21, 2023 12:32 am

GeoBoy wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:52 pm
Mags wrote:
Propane is also non polluting. With a properly tuned flame - heat, carbon dioxide and water.
Nope. Propane does not pollute with a property tuned burn (air/fuel ratio). Look it up.

Don't confuse propane with natural gas. Natural gas does pollute.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun May 21, 2023 8:19 am

Mags wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 12:32 am
GeoBoy wrote:
Mags wrote:
Nope. Propane does not pollute with a property tuned burn (air/fuel ratio). Look it up.

It does emit a very low level of carbon dioxide, however, it is considered a good source of clean energy.
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 21, 2023 9:00 am

markiver54 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 8:19 am
Mags wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 12:32 am
GeoBoy wrote:

It does emit a very low level of carbon dioxide, however, it is considered a good source of clean energy.
Natural gas cookstoves are being phased out because they do emit unhealthy byproducts. As far as I know there is no push to eliminate propane cookstoves.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Mon May 22, 2023 9:56 pm

II hope that you have a vent fan on your gas stove and use it when you are cooking. I was working at a customers house and was in the kitchen. The lady and her little girl were sitting there. I asked her if she ran the vent fan when cooking on the gas stove. I got the deer in the headlights look. I said would you want your little girl to smoke , I told her that an unvented stove was as bad or worse. She had an awakening.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue May 23, 2023 8:21 am

Travlin wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:56 pm
II hope that you have a vent fan on your gas stove and use it when you are cooking. I was working at a customers house and was in the kitchen. The lady and her little girl were sitting there. I asked her if she ran the vent fan when cooking on the gas stove. I got the deer in the headlights look. I said would you want your little girl to smoke , I told her that an unvented stove was as bad or worse. She had an awakening.
Natural Gas does need an exhaust and there is a big push to eliminate them for indoor cooktops. Propane needs a vent to allow oxygen into the room. The worst part of burning propane inside is it consumes oxygen. The biggest by-product is water.

Propane engines are used inside all the time with no ill effects.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Tue May 23, 2023 9:32 pm

I beg to differ. Any combustion of any fuel creates an "exhaust" be it carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide or both. You would not run a gas heater in your living room unvented would you? How about a gas log fireplace with no chimney? I have a natural gas stove and also the same fuel for the clothes dryer. When I installed the dryer the building inspector told me to get the metal vent hose to connect to the outside wall. He said " that is handling products of combustion so the plastic hose is no good". I always run my exhaust hood fan whenever the stove burner is turned on. Not only that but it gets the heat out of the house and here in Florida that is a good thing about 90+% of the time.
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Tue May 23, 2023 9:41 pm

As an aside my stove and dryer used to be propane but I got tired of having to get the tank filled when they chose to get to me. I have seen forklifts etc. run on propane in big wharehouses etc. and they aren't bad but there is always a lot of air circulation and usually a big open door at one or both ends. When I was still and active contractor I went to a lot of those places and could always smell the machines presence.When I used to hunt in Arkansas they used a lot of Butane .
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:27 pm

I'm not disputing anything I'm reading here. It all makes me think about a 9 year residence I had about 10 years ago and previous to that. I was renting a small 2 BR house that had only a gas fireplace for heating. It was not vented. I guess I'm lucky I'm still here. 🤔😥
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry