Get out and shoot during the good weather then come back here and share it with us

Letting Go Of Things

All the chores, repairs, tasks and things around the old place
Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Letting Go Of Things

Post by Catherine » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:53 am

PS:

If a single person or a couple go through their STUFF over the months and years on a regular basis... it makes it much simpler for them as they AGE, DOWNSIZE, MOVE OR HAVE A LIFE CHANGING EVENT.

Cate
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Catherine wrote:PS:

If a single person or a couple go through their STUFF over the months and years on a regular basis... it makes it much simpler for them as they AGE, DOWNSIZE, MOVE OR HAVE A LIFE CHANGING EVENT.

Cate
Now you tell me. :D
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Mags
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:48 pm

I sometimes wake up in a panic over letting things go. Not the letting go part itself, but that I'm not doing it fast enough. I get started and keep encountering 'I might be able to use that for some adhoc fix or repair someday'. Mentally I recognize there aren't that many somedays left, so force the 'let go' until my brain hurts with the effort. If I don't get it done, someone is going to inherit something close to a well stocked, but disorganized hardware store.
1 x
:idea: Lever Action H009B .30-30 | Long Ranger H014s .223/5.56 | Uberti Colt .45 Revolver
"How Many" #596 & #895
Wish List: ???

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:16 pm

My biggest fear is throwing everything away and then waking up one day to think “what have I done”. But people tell me that doesn’t happen.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Mags
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:02 pm

That is certainly reassuring! Thanks for sharing that point.
I have had a few one off incidents where 'someday came' and I needed a piece of something I had gotten rid of. That's ok when it's a piece now then. Oops oh well missed on that one.
Sir Henry wrote:My biggest fear is throwing everything away and then waking up one day to think “what have I done”. But people tell me that doesn’t happen.
1 x
:idea: Lever Action H009B .30-30 | Long Ranger H014s .223/5.56 | Uberti Colt .45 Revolver
"How Many" #596 & #895
Wish List: ???