Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Flea Market finds

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Flea Market finds

Post by daytime dave » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 am

I went to a flea market over the past weekend. I saw a fellow Hot Wheels enthusiast there. He had a bag full of cars he found there. I figured he cleared the place out. I was wrong.

I went through most of the vendors and got a few. Then a woman said I could fill the container for twenty and keep the container. Pretty good deal.
DSCF4041.JPG
DSCF4041.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 6332 times
DSCF4043.JPG
DSCF4043.JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 6332 times
DSCF4045.JPG
DSCF4045.JPG (2.19 MiB) Viewed 6332 times
DSCF4047.JPG
DSCF4047.JPG (2.18 MiB) Viewed 6332 times
I have also been getting into detailing some of them. To date, my favorite has been this fire chief car. I wish I had taken a before picture.

3 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Flea Market finds

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:35 am

I think I see a pair of scooby doo mystery machines in there...

Funny anecdote. When my son was in high school he went thru a phase. Let his hair grow longer, little cheesy goatee, wore baggy huge bellbottom pants all the kids liked and tshirts. Kid weighed buck thirty soaking wet, but was five eleven. I told the wife he reminded me of someone... but I just couldn't place it.

A buddy and his wife were over for dinner one night, and my boy slouches through on his way out, and greets the couple. "Good Evening folks."

Without missing a beat, the old man says, "How yah doing Shaggy, where's Scoob tonight?"

Bam! Coulda knocked me over with a feather. I looked at miss T and she touched the tip of her forefinger to her nose and grinned.

I couldn't complain about the kid, he was an honor student in Governor's School all thru high school taking mostly college level course work. He graduated with honors, even if he was... weird.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:31 am

Yes, those are two scooby doo vans. It's part of a set that I have most of. I was missing the Mystery Machine. It includes the Yellow Submarine and the Jestons Space car.

It's funny what phases kids go through. Weather will be bad tomorrow. I might get some more detailing done.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:05 am

I fill the late nights when pain keeps me up watching this guy restore classic hot wheels cars. It's amazing what he can do with them, and the walls of hot wheels he adds the restored car to.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXcyPuwxXiE

There is also another guy that posts the same type of videos. This guy shares some good tricks, and sometimes it's hard to tell his restored car from an original.
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BMCTED
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by BMCTED » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:20 pm

Love that light blue Corvette.

If you had some when you were a kid, you soon learned it was a good idea to keep them away from your little brother. He'd push down so hard on them that he'd bend the axles and they wouldn't roll anymore.
0 x