Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Potato and Onion Bin

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Potato and Onion Bin

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks so much, Marine, for taking us along on another of your fantastic woodworking projects. It's beautiful and functional and skillfully made. There are a few members whose posts I never fail to read. You are among them.

Good luck with the next round of surgery.
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am
So... that's the Potato Bin Project in the can. It was interesting and filled my time. I enjoyed the challenge. I'm not sorry I put in the extra work, and I learned some new techniques and remembered some old ones. :P I think I'll knock out a knife kit next, or build a box. Something quick. Then find another long project. Oh, wait. Surgery looms... stick with the short stuff for now. :evil:
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:58 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:56 am
It fits perfectly and is a true compliment to the kitchen.
Really like the chosen hardware!
Gotta get me one of those centering rules! Gosh, how many times I could have used one. :)
I have used the toothpick trick before though; works great!
Another fine job Jim!! :D
You can also use a tooth pick or break off a piece of a wooden cotton swab handle if you had to remove a door hinge to plane an edge, and found a screw is loose. In this case just mark the height, drop it in the hole, and screw your hardware back in place. It should provide enough additional bite that your hinge remains tight. This keeps you from having to oversize the hole, plug it with a dowel, then redrill.
:D
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:20 pm

ah yes! in the latest pictures I can see the wire back. Thanks for pointing that out. Well done! Can't wait to see what comes next :P
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 am
Mags wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:25 pm
Very nicely done! I have a question, what keeps the spuds and onions from falling off the back of the individual bin and into the lower bin when there is a lot in them in there and you open a bin?
Mags,

If you look.on the previous page, there is an work along pic shot of the installation of the wire backs that shows them clearly. I had intended to have wood backs, but they would have cut the range of travel dramatically. ;)
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Very nice indeed! A surefire heirloom!
1 x
I never take myself seriously....