Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cabinet for gun safe interior

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Cabinet for gun safe interior

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:02 pm

She's Done!

Once I got the oil on the box I let it cure overnight. I came out the next morning and waxed the cabinet trim and the drawer front then installed the pulls. She was done. :D
70 it's done.jpg
70 it's done.jpg (101.02 KiB) Viewed 3637 times
I have to be honest, it turned out much better than I expected.

I knocked out the vertical file box to place in the dead space between the cabinet and the safe wall. It was a quickie, not worried about looks. It's a place to store paperwork files stored for fire protection in the gun safe. Yes, it's a little crooked at the top due to the flexibility of the 1/4 ply, but the weight of the cabinet will push 'er back straight. ;)
71 file box.jpg
71 file box.jpg (99.44 KiB) Viewed 3637 times
Here is a look in the safe as it was. Note the two pairs of drawers in the old setup. The design of the cabinet was set up in mind to allow for the use of one of them. It contains cool stuff and goes in the upper cubby. Turned out I had to remove the upper shelf to install the cabinet and decided to leave it out, which meant I could put the second box of drawers in. I took them out this morning, it only contained all the mags for the various handguns. They were placed in a drawer in the cabinet, and Miss Tina was happy to take the drawer set. :)
72 crowded safe.jpg
72 crowded safe.jpg (108.78 KiB) Viewed 3637 times
Here is the new setup, but it will be adjusted and adjusted until I am satisfied.
73 new setup.jpg
73 new setup.jpg (125.35 KiB) Viewed 3637 times
I like the way the handguns live now. They are much happier. :P
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:03 pm

This morning, I moved the ARs and the Scoped guns to the long gun safe, and put the Henry's in this safe, along with a couple pump shotguns for a better fit to the space. :D
Like I said, adjustments. Much of the stuff on top of the cabinet is now gone to better homes as well. It's much neater.
8-)
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 pm

If I could afford another safe, and had a place to put it, I would love to have that kind of organization and security for those items!
VERY well done Marine...I'm jealous.. :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Well done! Love the new arrangement.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:32 pm

markiver54 wrote:If I could afford another safe, and had a place to put it, I would love to have that kind of organization and security for those items!
VERY well done Marine...I'm jealous.. :D
My second safe I caught on sale for less than $100. It one of the Sentry brands you bolt in place, meant to secure the guns from kids and irresponsible adults. I mounted it in an out of the way location making it much more secure, unlikely to be seen at all. Most burglars want to get in and out, especially with that extremely audible alarm going off, the panel flashing, and the alarm company dispatching the sheriff's deputies. :P

You can mount one in one end of a closet and hang coats or the hanging shoe rack in front of it, in the hall linen closet behind a swing out shelf unit, behind a bookcase in the hall. :lol:
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:43 am

That is an option to be considered. Then I could get the small clutter and important papers out of the gun safe.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry